One year anniversary ...Looking for ideas

truckingbride
on 7/23/13 2:49 am - Harriston , Canada

My one year anniversary is just over a month away and I actually have a SW and RD appt. that day But I want to do something to represent the one year some type of thing to do to remember how far I have come...has anyone done anything super special on their one year date? I was thinking spa or a new tattoo, or I really have no idea..looking for suggestions.

Katie M.
on 7/23/13 4:00 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13
When I hit my goal weight I am adding on to a tattoo I got this winter - so new tattoo is my first suggestion I think a spa day would be great too. You could have your portrait taken by a professional photographer, someone who's work you like. You could buy yourself an outfit you feel amazing in, head to toe - get the underwear, shoes, accessories etc. I would probably do something I always wanted to do, but didn't because of my weight. Whatever that is - going to an amusement park, going to see a concert or theatre, buying a designer outfit.
Congrats on your one year, and whatever you choose I hope you have fun doing it!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Lorieliz
on 7/23/13 4:04 am - Canada

I am all for glamour shots - really good pics sounds fun!

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Nathalie_Can
on 7/23/13 4:40 am

I'm going on 2 years and still haven't done my idea cuz I'm just a big chicken **** lmao but I wanted to get a tattoo in white ink in between my fingers with a   2  5  0 ...maybe one day!  lol  but i think deep down I'm waiting for the skin to be removed because with that gone, it'll be the real number of   2  7  0

Have fun choosing!

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Camilla
on 7/23/13 5:00 am - Toronto, Canada
Congratulations!!!!!!

Start weight 353lbs, Post Opti 331---

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/13 6:21 am, edited 7/23/13 6:21 am - Straford, Canada

Here's a suggestion!  I think Nathelie should do this for her next anniversary, for sure!  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dVOhmf-RA4

Nathalie_Can
on 7/23/13 10:57 pm

Ian you smart ass...lol...I would actually do the runway with no problem..even with the hanging skin..lol..I have a little exhibitionism in me but I wouldn't do the lingerie part...lol

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/13 3:03 am - Straford, Canada

So you'd do the naked thing but no lingerie?  OK!  I know you think of me as always horsing around or making dumb comments but I do think this would create a very memorable and very positive model for those thinking about WLS.  Its a TV show so its full of silly things too but overall I think it could be a positive thing.  Don't agree, that is fine, but I was not totally kidding!  If I didn't have major panic in public issues I might think of this myself!  

Nathalie_Can
on 7/24/13 3:08 am

Funny thing Ian is that I can tell now when you are kidding or serious...lol...and here's the deal, if you ever think of doing the show, I will...deal? lol  omg, what am I getting into...lol...you look amazing, you should do it too for your fellow men!!  lol

time2changeme
on 7/23/13 11:15 am

Thanks for sharing that video Ian, it almost brings a tear to the eyes!

One thing l suggest for your one year celebration, would be to do something you always wanted to, but couldn't do before, such as, roller bladeing, zip lining, four- wheeling, sky diving, scuba diving or snorkeling, going for a ride in a hot air balloon, belly dancing classes, I'm sure you could come up with something creative that fits into your comfort zone or area interests, these are just a few ideas that came to my mind.

The new tattoo, day at the spa, a massage, manicure, pedicure or galmor shots would be fun too!  

Keep us posted on what you decide!  And congratulations on a successful year!

Most Active
Recent Topics