I tried premiere protiein from costco YUCK

truckingbride
on 8/18/13 6:54 am - Harriston , Canada

Ill be a year post op in 2 weeks have avoided having to use protein drinks to get my intake until now...thought I might give these Costco shakes a whirl, but I cant get past the taste...any tips or tricks?

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/13 7:00 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Sell them.  I hated them too.  Most love them but nothing appealing about them to me at all.

chipmunk_roasting
on 8/18/13 7:01 am, edited 8/18/13 7:07 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

I've tried the vanilla, and they are too sweet for me.

However, I've loved the chocolate for about four years now, long before I was even considering surgery.

I've always had it blindingly cold, and mix a tablespoon of good quality cocoa in it.   I add five, six, seven ice cubes, and blend it until very slushy.   Love it.

I've also mixed cold decaf coffee from Tim Horton's in, and/or used decaf instant coffee granules (dissolved in water, then added to the blender). 

As an occasional treat, I'll add half a frozen banana, and blend it up.   I've also added cottage cheese, or Greek yogurt, or ricotta cheese -- blend, blend, blend.

I'm sure others have ideas, as well.

I'd also suggest using the OH search function, ineffective as it is, and look for a combination of Premier Protein shakes (spelling counts for better results) and vanilla.   Your search would then look like  "Premier Protein shakes +vanilla".

Good luck :)

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Brats1979
on 8/18/13 7:08 am
I'm with you....YUCK
But, I do really enjoy the kaizen 100% whey isolate also from costco but in a powdered form. It's a 2kg container and 35g protein per serving only 1g carbs
I've had the choc and the vanilla ice cream....YUM
truckingbride
on 8/18/13 7:21 am - Harriston , Canada

Thanks all for your tips!! Chipmunk thanks for all your ideas unfortunatley I cannot even make Jello. I didnt get fat whipping stuff up in the kitchen that is for sure!!haha. I might give them one more go then its on kijiji for sure !!

Rhonda2013
on 8/18/13 9:31 am - Canada

Try extracts....mint extract gives you the taste of chocolate mint ice cream....and coconut extract with the vanilla tastes like a pina colada....banana, maple....I used them all and it helped a lot....also....mixing it with cold water from the fridge and ice helps....I found the colder the better!...good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/13 9:29 am - Straford, Canada

Over a year now and still can not drink premade shakes, WAY too sweet for my taste buds.  Still making my own smoothies which i love!  kiss

Rhonda2013
on 8/18/13 9:32 am - Canada

If the extracts don't work for you I will be more then happy to buy them off you!...let me know how it goes!

truckingbride
on 8/18/13 12:29 pm - Harriston , Canada

Rhonda Private message me let me know where are you  from? I am speaking at the orientation next week in Guelph(aug 22). We might be able to meet up

ToNewBeginnings
on 8/19/13 3:22 am

I'm not a fan of those protein shakes either. They are a little better cold if that helps.

I also like the Costco Whey Isolate Protein powder in the big tubs. The chocolate is good. I can't stomach the vanilla Ice Cream. Sickly sweet/artificial tasting.

Most Active
Recent Topics