I had my last before surgery appointmetn with Dr.Lindsay

nadiras
on 8/29/13 1:24 pm - Canada

I received good and bad news today. First he was happy that I am in great health with no daily meds and said he does not expect any complications after and thinks I will have a pretty speedy recovery. Though while I was talking to him my three year old decided she wanted to be a kitty and started to meow. 

Only somewhat bad news was he has overbooked on surgeries for this year and it could be several months before I even receive the call about when my surgery is and pre-op. His secretary explained it is a good chance that my surgery will be in the new year. While it does give me more time to prepare I was hoping for a little sooner since I work in retail and was trying to be off for the christmas season. Hope I hear something soon at least.

Orientation May 2013, Surgeon( Dr.Lindsay) July 17, Rescheduled RN/NUT/ SW and got lucky with a cancellation July 18, Dr.Linsday 2nd appt Aug.19, Dr.Lindsay was overbooked switched to Dr.Starr on Oct.8, Surgery Dr.Starr Nov.8,2013

Sunny123
on 8/29/13 11:53 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

I wish you the best of luck with your surgery! Just think, this time next year you will be at a healthy weight!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

CathyinPtbo
on 8/30/13 10:23 am - Canada

I had Dr. Lindsay and he is great.  I am just over 3 months out and very happy with the changes happening. St Joes nurses are the best in my books.

Lolabug
on 9/2/13 4:10 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Dr Lindsay here too. My surgery was great, no complications, and pls one for the nursing staff at St Joe's.

nadiras
on 9/3/13 2:20 am - Canada

Thank you everyone

Orientation May 2013, Surgeon( Dr.Lindsay) July 17, Rescheduled RN/NUT/ SW and got lucky with a cancellation July 18, Dr.Linsday 2nd appt Aug.19, Dr.Lindsay was overbooked switched to Dr.Starr on Oct.8, Surgery Dr.Starr Nov.8,2013

Dar_Mab
on 9/3/13 5:36 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

They say, that patience is a virtue.    It is tough when this close to be patient.    But "it is what it is" so you might as well continue to prepare.   If it happens to get bumped to 2014, think of it as a great start to a New Year!  Make 2014 yours!   Hope you get a date soon however -- just knowing a date, whenever it might be, is half the battle.

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Most Active
Recent Topics