What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

birdiegirl
on 8/29/13 7:57 pm

RNY  4 Years 4 Months Post Op

Morning

Busy day and weekend ahead....cant believe summer is over ( yeah the weather may be OK.....but as soon as its dark by 8,   I start thinking winter...lol)

working this morning.....golfing this afternoon....so lots of steps today

STEPS - yesterday I hit 7500 steps....plus I had 1 hour with my trainer lifting weights....she makes me sweat!

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - tomato-peppers-onion-feta salad

4 oz grilled chicken on top

S - medium gala apple on golf course

D - 1.5 cups of crack coleslaw

This stuff is just OK to me....I couldn't find the srirachaa  (sp) sauce....so I added a thai chile and ginger sauce and lots of red chile flakes......I am sure it would have been better if I had been able to find the correct sauce.....as all the reviews I read indicated this dish was the bomb....

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 929,  Carbs - 47 grams,  Fat - 36 grams,  Protein - 94 grams

All water.....decaf coffee and tea....and vits

Have a great one    mail

Darthmummy
on 8/29/13 9:03 pm
B-salmon
L-chili
D- chicken probably
S- quinoa salad
3 shakes, water aplenty
birdiegirl
on 8/29/13 9:09 pm

Hi Darth

Not sure what stage you are.....but your menu looks great.....lots of protein and low on the carbs.....good stuff!!

Darthmummy
on 8/29/13 10:20 pm

I'm 4.5 weeks out.  Having trouble eating a whole lot, especially with the heat this week, but this is my speed right now :)

kellybelly333
on 8/29/13 11:53 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning,

Barb, glad you are liking the push from your trainer. I am considering seeing if anyone at my GoodLife is a runner, and might grab a few sessions from them.

Got up and ran 6k this morning. Exact same time as earlier this week, and yet I thought I was faster today. Oh well. 30k run tomorrow, followed by a day at Centre Island. Should be a good amount of steps there!

Tonight I will be having appetizers at friends. I say that because it's not dinner. I'm to bring something along, so i'll bring something I can have that's full of protein, and fill up that way. Something with chicken perhaps? I'll be having a protein shake (made by my brand spankin' new Vitamix!!!) before we go. Seeing friends from New Jersey, who come up every Labour Day weekend :-)

So, my totals are without tonight's eats. I'm not worried about overdoing it. I will have carbs that I normally don't have (like hummus and pita)...which will help with tomorrow's run.

2.5 years post RNY - marathon training, maintenance

B: Plain greek yogurt mixed with silhouette and holy crap cereal

L: rotisserie chicken and kale and corn salad

S: 1/4 cup roasted soya nuts

D: protein shake

S: who knows? lol

Totals Cal:894 Carb:67 Fat: 26 Protein: 103 Fibre: 17 Sugar:22

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

DeidreB
on 8/30/13 12:45 am

Good morning all!

4 weeks post RNY; really need to up my protein; aiming for 3 short walks today instead of 1 longer one to see if it will help with the gas; also eating veeerrrrryyy slowly to avoid yesterday's disaster and help manage gas.

B egg + egg white scrambled with 1 oz baked salmon and 1 Tbsp old cheddar; 3 Tbsp FF maple walnut ice cream to crush meds in and then make the taste go away - 1 hour, v. small bites, chewed 30 times with 1 min between finish and start of next bite

L 1/2 c chicken + 2 Tbsp miracle whip light

S pudding +pro powder

D chicken curry roti - meat and chickpeas only 1/2 c

S 1/2 c greek yogurt w splenda and diced fresh peach

TOTAL: 924 Calories; 57 Carbs; 37 Fat; 103 Protein

All vitamins/meds/water 

jellyfishattack
on 8/30/13 2:47 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Note to myself - must get a pedometer since it's going to be too cool to swim daily soon & also I need to increase my protein & lower my carb intake.

Note to myself & everyone else - I must get off those addictive high carb little banana peanut butter wraps!!!  If you aren't eating tortilla wraps or bread yet, just don't start, they are so high in carbs, and so hard to resist.  I'm not going to buy any more tortillas from now on!  Out of sight, out of mind!  I'm eating them because they're so good, and I feel sorry for myself and very stressed out - and that's a very slippery slope! 

B - banana PB wrap

S - protein shake with skim milk - maybe I should water down the skim milk by 1/3, and add a bit more protein powder?

L - Quinoa cucumber salad

S - protein shake with skim milk

D - Italian style meatloaf

S - little piece of sweet potato

Totals:  Calories: 884  Protein: 91.2g  Carbs:  90.1g  Fat:  29.9g  Sugar:  1.1g

Since it might rain, or even thunderstorm today, I'm not sure whether I'll be swimming or walking the fitness trail today.

Posting my day plan really illuminates problem areas I have (like too many carbs) and should help me wean myself off at least one shake/day eventually, I hope.  Thank you for posting this thread, BirdieGirl.  :D

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

Lorieliz
on 8/30/13 4:27 am - Canada

Hey Jenn,

As far as I am concerned, the protein shake is for life now. I simply don't/can't eat as much protein as I want to have. The shake is a low carb, low cal, fill up that just supplements what I eat. It is a 130 calorie "snack" that gives me 25g of protein. Even if I manage 60g or so with food, if I have room for the calories, I am going for the shake.

An added plus is that it is water too :)

It's good to strive to get ample protein with food intake, but it just isn't going to happen any time soon, and more protein is never a bad thing.

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

jellyfishattack
on 8/30/13 5:07 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Yes, I agree with you about the shakes.  It's definitely very important to pack in enough protein, one way or another and I can't seem to do that yet without at least one 28g shake.

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

DeidreB
on 8/30/13 7:02 am

Hi Jenn

Do you know about P28 bread/bagels/tortilla - 28 g of protein in a tortilla (27 carbs too, but I imagine that isn't much different from the other tortilla's).  Expensive at 4.99 for 4 (tortillas are large so you might have to cut in half for your favourite breakfast.  The extra protein will help with your total and might not make you feel like more carbs as it will fill you up.

I'm not on bread/rice/pasta at this point but will try this when I get there.  You can order online or buy at Healthy Planet stores.

Deidre

Most Active
Recent Topics