NSV - I can REACH!

Pawsitive_One
on 8/30/13 9:49 pm
RNY on 07/02/13

I havent colored my hair at home in EONS because my arms would tire out so easily (my hair is past shoulder length) and I just wasnt flexible enough to get the dye all over (preferably all over my hair and not the floor, walls, ceiling!).  I was getting tired of looking at my greys sticking out like wire and had one of those "I'm going to do this NOW damnit!" moments and took the hair dye out that I bought recently and got to work coloring my hair section by section and I had no problems reaching!   I hate making a mess with the dye so I went to rinse/wash my hair in the laundry room tub and guess what?  My stomach has shrunk enough that I can bend over it well enough to rinse/wash the dye out (without a shower attachment) and it was a breeze- no mess!!  WOOHOO!   I never thought I'd get so excited over coloring my own hair!

RnY: July 2nd, 2013

roxytrim
on 8/30/13 11:21 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

I know, I had a similar NSV a few months ago.  I can clean all our homes outside windows without a ladder, except for a large bay where I have tried a few tools, because I can't get a ladder near the space.  I just couldn't reach the very top of the panes.  This time, I realized...no sweat, I just made it to the top of the panes without any special tools...what is up with that???  I think the reduced bulk on my upper arms gave me that few centimeters I needed to complete the reach, not to mention lighter arms and body to move around.  Those NSV's are all around if you are paying attention.  The trick is to remember 2...4....9 years out how those difficult moves can creep back into your life.  

This gives me an idea to keep a personal list of these newly discovered NSV's and to review this list every time the scale shows any gain.  I guess you can call the way your body changes with weight gain NSD's (non scale defeats).

Patm
on 8/30/13 11:40 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

that is great. It is not always the large victories but the ways this surgery helps us in everyday activities. Our life just is easier.

congrats

jellyfishattack
on 8/30/13 11:47 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Awesome NSV, Pawsitive_One!

Just think of the money you can now save by colouring your own hair!  Even if you take just part of the money saved, you can buy yourself a really nice luxury treat after a few months or more!  enlightened  And there will be endless NSVs to come!

I can now mow my Mom's lawn - a mixed blessing in the heat.  ;D

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

Elisabeth G.
on 8/31/13 12:56 am - Windsor, Canada

That is a great NSV way to go

1greeneyedgirl
on 8/31/13 8:06 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Wow! That is so great, I'm really happy for you. Congratulations!

Cathy xo

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

Corinna H.
on 9/2/13 2:34 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 07/03/13

This is a cool NSV!!! It's crazy that barriers we've had to do certain things and how liberating it is to be able to do all of these things!!

HW: 293.4 SW: 261.4 CW: 161 Referral - Dec 5/12.  Orientation: Feb 21/13. Upper GI and Ab u/s March 7/13. RN, NUT, SW Apr 8/13. 1st appt Dr. Klein Apr 11/13. fu NUT May 2/13. Dr. Glazer May 27/13. 2nd appt Dr. Klein June 3/13. Opti June 19/13. PATTS June 20/13 . RNY - July 3, 2013   

Pawsitive_One
on 9/2/13 8:40 am
RNY on 07/02/13

AMEN!    I'm grateful for every new accomplishment!! 

RnY: July 2nd, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics