New and kinna impatient!!!

Yoyo4life
on 9/5/13 2:10 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14
Hey everyone I'm new on this forum and really getting some good info from everyone... I had my referral sent in last week by my doctor and I'm really just impatiently waiting. I don't kno how long the process takes from referral to hearing from the hospital you will be sent to but if any one knows please feel free to let me kno. I live in Brampton so I'm not sure where ill be sent but im just excited to get this journey started...
Member Services
on 9/5/13 2:29 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on taking control of your life and weight loss journey.  Be sure and check out OH's home page, with great articles, blog entries, before and after photos and much more.   ​​ Here are some Weight Loss Surgery Resources.

About Obesity

About Weight Loss Surgery

Medical Necessity

Post-op Planner

BMI Calculator

Health Tracker

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/choice-of-bariatric-proc edure-a-philosophy-obtained-in-20-years-of-bariatric-practic e-2/http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/choice-of-bariatric-proc edure-a-philosophy-obtained-in-20-years-of-bariatric-practic e-2/

If you need any further assistance, please let us know at [email protected]

Regards,

Member Services

Gabygee
on 9/5/13 4:01 am - Canada

You're in Brampton you say.

And which Bariatric Centre will your surgery be at? That will give others an indication of which timeline they can share with you.

I am guessing Humber River Regional, but I could be wrong ...

JenH1969
on 9/5/13 6:22 am - Brighton, Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the board!

SMILES~JEN 
SW-296 lbs,CW-240 lbs,GW-150 lbs
               ~Don't let what you want NOW affect what you want MOST~
                                           WE CAN DO THIS!!

Dar_Mab
on 9/5/13 8:03 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Welcome!  We all have  been there in the new and inpatient department.     Once you know the hospital I am sure there are lots who can let you know what their experience on wait times were

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

KerryF.
on 9/5/13 9:43 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13
I'm in Brampton and my referral put me in Toronto Western Hospital

I got referral letter Nov 26, 2012 which invited me to the Bariatric Orientation January 23, 2013. I just got an email today telling me my file will be reviewed by the team next Thursday. The next step from that I hope to get the appointment with a surgeon and then Opti.......

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

burg_vs
on 9/5/13 10:09 am
Hi. I am new to the site too....I joined a while ago but just started to really understand the information and positive feedback that is available.

What hospital will you be sent to? I am at st. Joes in Hamilton ad I found the process was quick for some but I had some issues with cancelled appointments and lost test results etc which delayed me. I had my orientation in October 2012 and am scheduled for surgery September 20, 2013.

Good luck!
Cristy D.
on 9/5/13 1:31 pm - Colborne, Canada

hi umm i am kinda new as well,, i have been adding info to my signature as i have gotten it so its there at the bottom so you can take a look at my progress,, i am in the Trenton area so your times and places might/will different

Referral: May 22, 2013. Kingston got paper work: June 18, 2013. Orientation package received: Aug. 12, 2012. Orientation at HDH: Aug. 28, 2013. NP #1 visit & blood work: Sept. 13, 2013. Abdominal Ultrasound: Oct. 2, 2013. Dietitian/SW: Oct. 16, 2013. Sleep Test: Oct. 23, 2013. Sleep Test Results: Nov. 12, 2013. Dietitian/SW visit #2: Dec. 9, 2013. Opitfast Sept 22nd, Surgery Oct 6th 

I'm NOT losing weight. I'm getting RID of it. I have NO intentions of finding it AGAIN!!!

Yoyo4life
on 9/5/13 2:01 pm - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14
Thanks everyone for the support and comments...to answer some of ur questions I'm pretty sure ill be going to toronto western hospital not sure if there process is faster than the others in replying with first letters in the mail...
dawn4511
on 9/5/13 3:14 pm - Niagara Falls, Canada
I remember those times being impatient the first time around. Take the time as a blessing to learn more and have a better new improved you body and soul when the time comes . Hope you hear a date soon.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Most Active
Recent Topics