When it's all said and done...

Sunny123
on 9/2/13 7:20 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Hello

I have a question regarding how much someone would be expected to eat say 2 or 3 years out from surgery.  Would you still only eat 1/2 cup portions or would you eat portions typical of a 'normal' weighted person (like the portions on the plate the NUT demonstrated)?

My apology if this has been asked before, or if it's a stupid question.  I haven't had my pre-surgery class yet.

I am getting antsy for things to move, my last appointment with the nurse she said she hadn't gotten my scope results yet and wanted to know if I had my appointment booked (had the test 3 week prior) and that I needed to speak with the NUT again (ah no I had 3 appts got her okay)...nearing 20 appointments in all and just getting tired of waiting :)

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/13 8:57 am
At my orientation, I was told that we should never eat more than a cup of food for each meal for the rest of our lives or we are in danger of streching our pouch out. I have only been to orientation so far so maybe someone else will be able to answer who has gone to a dietician already. Hope that helps
ArleneAnne
on 9/2/13 5:47 pm - Oakville, Canada

Only a cup (size wise) seems a little small ..... but it really does make sense ..... new tummy-tum-tum is soooo much smaller than the monster we have now ..... and just think how horrible it feels now when we stuff it to the point of not return (ie: Christmas Day) .... so likely our new WONDERFUL little one will object just a much to being way, WAY overfull ..... so why would we want to feel that way ! ......

Just a thought .... did not make it sound soooo scary when I thought of having only a cup portion size for the rest of my life.  Besides..... look at ALL the $$ I will be saving on grocery shopping !!!

Sunny123
on 9/2/13 8:18 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Thank you for the replies.  That is what I thought but I wasn't sure.  I guess I will learn more in my pre-surgery class.

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Most Active
Recent Topics