Really Depressing Inner Thighs.....Thigh Exercises Needed - Please help!

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/13 3:14 am - Canada

Hi Everyone,

I have always had really bad thighs (both inner and outer) and now with the weightloss the inner ones are even worse...

I know that saggy skin is part of this journey but can anyone recommend some effective exercises to help these areas?

Please help...I'm desperate ! cool

Thanks

Rosa

Delicious_Delilah
on 9/3/13 3:51 am - Ottawa, Canada

Quads are a big muscle group.  Lots of things you can do with or without machines.  Squats are fantastic.  There are variations to them -- with weights and without weights. 

Would highly recommend that, if you have the means, you set-up a few sessions with a personal trainer.  That person can help you target and plan a routine that could help you with your fitness and the areas you are looking to tone.

My two cents (oops...mean nickel!)

DD

Monica M.
on 9/3/13 4:54 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

keep in mind that, if you have stretch marks, that skin is damaged, and will not shrink back to its former glory.

Member Services
on 9/3/13 5:40 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Marlename,

We did a search and found a few other threads where members are discussing the best exercise for the inner thighs we hope this help.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_oh/?q=THIGH+ EXERCISES&cx=000946886326336472648%3Ae-vpeg4uyxw&cof=FORID%3 A9

Corinna H.
on 9/3/13 12:01 pm - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 07/03/13

I've had a lot of issues with my thighs for my life. I've always had big thighs. I have noticed my thighs melting and it has been getting to me. I've looked up exercises on pinterest and I also got a thigh toner - like a thigh master. It is really noticeable how little muscle I have inner thigh. It was $12 at walmart and I can do i****ching tv. So it is worth it. I only just started using it two days ago...but it is tough so I know something is happening. All the best.

HW: 293.4 SW: 261.4 CW: 161 Referral - Dec 5/12.  Orientation: Feb 21/13. Upper GI and Ab u/s March 7/13. RN, NUT, SW Apr 8/13. 1st appt Dr. Klein Apr 11/13. fu NUT May 2/13. Dr. Glazer May 27/13. 2nd appt Dr. Klein June 3/13. Opti June 19/13. PATTS June 20/13 . RNY - July 3, 2013   

NorthernStar
on 9/3/13 12:27 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

If it's skin, there's not too much you can do as far as exercise to improve it. That said, building some muscle may help with the overall appearance so go for it. Squats and lunges!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Diminishing Dawn
on 9/3/13 9:32 pm - Windsor, Canada

The best exercise honestly? TO walk...right to a  plastic surgeon. 

Skin is skin and if it is the droopy skin that is bothering you, no amount of exercise is going to do a damn thing for it.  You can tone up the muscles, but going to do minimum for sagging skin overall.

My legs are a mess with two blood vessels poking out at the knees and just overall saggy baggy skin despite the fact that I'm a walking queen and exercised religiously post op. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

kellybelly333
on 9/3/13 11:01 pm - Toronto, Canada

I agree with Dawn...sadly. I run...lots. I'm under goal. I did spinning and weights (including legs) shortly after surgery, and i've been running and training for a marathon for a year now. Have you seen runners legs? Mine don't look like that...at all. My inner thighs still have the extra skin drooping there. There is nothing to fix it but plastic surgery.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Freddy_Fender
on 9/3/13 11:38 pm - Elginburg, Canada

I concur,

I walk and run a lot, been doing so a few weeks after surgery, and my thighs are disgusting. If you have the means, I recommend surgery to get a thigh lift. I'm going for mine next August, I can only afford one procedure at a time, and just coming back from a tummy tuck, I need to bank my cash for next summer's procedure.

Not sure if the rest of you know prices, but my doc quoted me 10k for the complete thigh lift and some remaining lipo I need while Im there. I dont look forward to the healing process because I hear its worse than the Abdominop[lasty, but it will be worth it in the end.

Good luck.

Show strangers kindess....cause they may become friends    
Most Active
Recent Topics