Getting ready for full fluid diet which starts tomorrow

csmith74
on 9/4/13 3:42 am

Finally I'm going to be off the clear fluid diet tomorrow. I'm trying my best to mix up different things that are considered clear fluids but it's not that easy. Tomorrow I'm starting full fluids and wonder if people have any suggestions on different types of fluids that you have tried and enjoyed?

Thanks

Connie

Member Services
on 9/4/13 4:28 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations and Good Luck! You can do it, we are with you all the way!

kristaeb
on 9/4/13 7:22 am, edited 9/4/13 7:23 am

Hi Connie, i am almost 10 weeks post op. For full fluids  i ate Low fat cottage cheese, No fat greek yogurt with splenda. LF Cream soups like mushroom, cream celery. LF no sugar puddings. I also ate cream of wheat with 1% milk..and some splenda...Good luck hun, keep us posted....Krista..kiss..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

KarenHope
on 9/4/13 10:49 am
RNY on 04/15/13

I enjoyed the different Campbell's Gardenay soups with unflavoured protein powder to boost the protein. Be careful not to make the soup too hot or the protein powder will clump and be very "yucky". 

I made protein milk by adding 1 C of skim milk powder to 2 cups of 1% milk. Then I used it to make sugar free pudding. 

Referral Oct '11 Orientation Ottawa Dec 9 '11 NP June 25 '12 Sleep Clinic July 27 '12 

Tr to Kingston Aug '12  NP/SW/Nut Oct 1 '12 Pre-Op class - Dec 12 '12 Surgeon  Mar 4 '13    Surgery Apr 15 '13     

HW 304 CW 175 GOAL 150  

jellyfishattack
on 9/4/13 11:00 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

I added freshly cracked black pepper to my low fat cottage cheese, to have something less sweet.  Cream of Wheat tastes pretty good with jus****er too.

Lately, I've found Walden Farms zero calorie dips which I combine with non-fat Greek yogurt to make a devilish dessert.  I have found that the caramel and the chocolate flavours are much better than their fruit flavours.  You can get them at the Low Carb Grocery Store in Markham, or have them shipped to you. http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/walden-farms-c-132_ 755_756.html

Good luck!

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

csmith74
on 9/4/13 11:29 am

Thanks everyone! I will have to try the suggestions definitely. I am a person that needs different tastes and not the same thing over and over again (which was hard with the clear fluids). Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/4/13 8:07 pm - Straford, Canada

Yeah, needing different tastes was a big problem at first post op for me!  There really isn't a ton of selection.  I began adding a really well mashed 1/4 banana to hot cereal, oatbran, cream of wheat, oatmeal.  As silly as it sounds it was like something chef inspired to me at the time!    Heal well!  

Most Active
Recent Topics