My Journey 18 months out + Tummy Tuck Photos

Freddy_Fender
on 9/3/13 8:43 am - Elginburg, Canada

18 months ago I was 401.5 pounds before having my surgery by Dr. Dent in Ottawa. I wasn't a candidate for the RNY, so I had to go for the sleeve which was fine by me.

About a year later (and more running and exercise than I can remember) my weight stopped at 257, couldnt break the stall.While I was quite happy with the results, I was miserable with the flap of skin hanging around my belly. It was crippling for me, so I went to Costa Rica and had an abdominalplasty by a wonderful doctor who I would recommend in a heartbeat.Heres me before the sleeve at 401 pounds.

A year later after losing about 145 pounds:

You would never know it with my shirt off. Shirt on, I was fine, it covered it up perfectly, but I couldnt stand it.

My weight in the next photo is about 257 pounds: This photo was taken on Aug 1st of this year in Costa Rica the day before the tummy tuck.

5 days later when the draining tubes came out, heres what it looked like:

and 2 more photos of a much needed shower!

I'll tell you this, for anyone wanting to get a Tummy Tuck, do so but be aware it's a huge ordeal to go through.

Its been a month for me and im still swollen quite badly, but everything is healing nicely. Tummy tuck' ius such a cutesy name, they make it sounds like its a small little procedure, but its a big deal, lots of risk, so please do your research.

When I checked around in Canada (OHIP didnt cover) the price I was quoted was around $20,000/ In COsta Rica, when all was said and done, I ended up paying just less than half of that amount, but well worth it.

When I get my vacation next summer, I'm going back to do the upper thigh lift, gawwwd I just want to know what it feel like to feel normal. If anyone has any questions, I'm more than happy to answer anything you want to know.

Regards

Show strangers kindess....cause they may become friends    
Moselle
on 9/3/13 8:54 am - Athens, Canada

Wow! Congratulations you look amazing.  Way to go!

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

kristaeb
on 9/3/13 9:09 am

Congrats, you look great..I wish you continued success...broken heart...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/13 9:41 am, edited 9/3/13 9:42 am

No questions, just here to say "Daaaaaaamn" Congrats!

also Kudos on the Floyd pants !

Freddy_Fender
on 9/6/13 7:04 am - Elginburg, Canada
On September 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM Pacific Time, sabbyxox wrote:

No questions, just here to say "Daaaaaaamn" Congrats!

also Kudos on the Floyd pants !

Thanks!

Some random stranger offered me $50 for them in June, I laughed and said Nooooooooo!

Show strangers kindess....cause they may become friends    
1greeneyedgirl
on 9/3/13 10:26 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

angryCongratulations, you look wonderful and like a brand new person.  Well Done!  

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

burg_vs
on 9/3/13 10:28 am
Wow you look great!
Nathalie_Can
on 9/3/13 11:42 am

You look fabulous!  So happy for you....I have 3 months to go and heading to Monterrey, Mexico to get neck lift, large arm lift, BL/BA, LBL w/anchor cut and large thigh lift...I can't wait and all excitement, not even an ounce of worry.

glad you are healing well,

nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Megan M.
on 9/3/13 11:55 am - Canada

You look really good!  Just wondering what you would have gotten for $20 grand here?  That seems exorbitant for a tummy tuck.  Was there more work involved?

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Charlene Straus
on 9/3/13 12:08 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Congratulations! You look amazing! ...okay girls, settle down! You know you are all thinking the same thing! Are you married? LOL...If you are, your wife got the whoever enchiladas! Smart and good looking! If you're not, do ya wanna be?
Most Active
Recent Topics