Question about TWH support group

Katie M.
on 9/4/13 3:11 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Is there a lot of people that go, generally? Is it something you've found was helpful, for those that go? It takes me 40 minutes to an hour to get to the hospital and at this point in my day the very idea of sitting in the car for two hours tonight exhausts me! But if it's something that others have found helpful maybe it's worth the drive?

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

OneByte
on 9/4/13 3:17 am - Milton, Canada
RNY on 05/21/14

I have only been to a few, but yes, a lot of people go. From what I can remember, the last one was a packed house. If I recall, tonight's group is broken up into two groups (pre & post op, iirc). I haven't been to one like that before and unfortunately I won't make it tonight as I'm a walking petri-dish with a cold.   

Patm
on 9/4/13 4:45 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Tonights is split. The largest group being the pre-ops and up to one year. Although the other group has been growing. The next one has speakers and you must RSVP for it as it is limited seating.

Some us meet up in the cafeteria on the main floor before hand to say hello. Feel free to come join us

Nanato2
on 9/4/13 6:14 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

I go and I find it helpful as tonight they split the group in two pre-op and up to one year post op stay in one group and everyone over a year go to the other group. 

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Most Active
Recent Topics