Bathroom scale?

starfish52
on 9/4/13 10:39 am - Canada

Any suggestions on buying an accurate scale? Mine is up and down like a yoyo.....

Katie M.
on 9/4/13 10:46 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I got a President's Choice one at the Superstore for less than $30 and it's been the most reliable one I've ever had. Always within one pound of the Tanita scale that's at my gym. No bells and whistles, but accurate! 

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Derek C.
on 9/4/13 10:49 pm - North Bay , Canada

DON'T BUY ONE is the best advice - it is a number - it does not  tell you how you feel , how many inches you have lost , nor how awesome you are because you have made these choices and are working hard at becoming healthier !!

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

KerryF.
on 9/4/13 11:02 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13
I got the Aria WiFi scale which is compatible with the Fitbit devices and tracks my progress for me on a webpage or smartphone app.

still taking advice from others about not being obsessed with the scale I only get on once a week for an update. but I'm pre surgery still, so ask me in a few months if I'm sticking to once a week

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Monica M.
on 9/4/13 11:27 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

scales are scales. If you weigh yourself more than once in a day, the results will vary significantly.

I bought mine at walmart, seems pretty good. Digital one, that tells me my percentage of fat, bone, water. Keep it in the same place on the floor, and weigh yourself ONCE A DAY at the same time every day, to get an accurate reading.

Most Active
Recent Topics