The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow....

Charlene Straus
on 9/16/13 12:25 am - Mississauga, Canada

Tomorrow is the day! Never thought I would get through 4 weeks of Opti and not chase the dog for a bite out of her hind quarter, or at least fight her for her kibble. However, I did it! It really wasn't so bad. Thank goodness for sf syrups, sf jello and broth,...that glorious, wonderful broth. I'm a soup junkie, anyways, so broth wasn't that far a stretch. I'm down 22 lbs and eager to continue on. I've had a couple of emotional upsets, the last few days. I work with big, bad truck drivers. We had a safety meeting, Saturday morning and I had to tell them I would not be in the office for several weeks. The asked why, and as I am not one to hide what is going on, I told them what I would be going through. These big, tough, bad assed men, got up out of their chairs and came and hugged me and whispered words of encouragement, in my ear. Then there were a few that got all upset and were sure I was doomed and would not be returning to work. That bummed me out. I went to visit my parents yesterday. My dad is 83 and my mom, 73. When I was leaving, my dad kept saying he hopes all goes well and started crying. That was tough. I know all will be ok and I will see them for Thanksgiving, even if I am eating strained mushroom soup or at best, pureed turkey and mashed potato. Thank you to everyone for all of your encouragement, over the last several weeks. I am now going to go pack my bag, get out my solid gold conical bra, head band and magic whip, knee high red boots and my body suit made out of a Canadian flag and become the amazing, shrinking Canadian Wonder Woman! Oh yeah...for you bench warmers...move the heck over...I'm on my way.

Patm
on 9/16/13 12:34 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thank you for my morning smile. Good luck tomorrow. I am sure you will ace this

Dale B.
on 9/16/13 12:38 am - Canada

Just cleared a spot on the bench, you got this, only gets better from here

Dale enlightened

Dale-Referral: October/12 ~ Orientation: January 2/13 ~ Nurse Practitioner:  May 7/13 Social Worker: May 7/13 ~ Sleep Test: May 23/13 ~ Nutrition Class: May 28/13 Nutrition Assess: May 31/13~ Psychologist: June 24/13 ~ Surgeon: August 9/13 ~ Pre-OP: August 28,2013Surgery Date: September 12/13        

libra1
on 9/16/13 12:53 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

That visual just cracked me up!!

All the best during and after surgery. enlightened

Needanewbeginning
on 9/16/13 1:01 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

You got this girl! WTG, you are well on your way. Your new you has begun! Scootching down the bench, come on over!!

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Katie M.
on 9/16/13 1:22 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Yay! All the best luck for tomorrow. Congrats on getting through Opti without causing injury to the dog or succumbing to eating kibbles lol ;) If you can do Opti for a month you can do anything. I will probably be on a month too, so I am taking a page out of your book! You will do great tomorrow, and wishing you a speedy recovery in your solid gold conical shaped bra and Canadian flag body suit! 

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Lori_Lee
on 9/16/13 1:25 am - Canada

Awe - you made me tear up and smile within minutes... take a deep breathe and don't look back, you won't want to!  It is awesome on this side of the fence... looking forward to you joining us on the bench, gold bra and all!

Cheers!

Lori Lee

TWH Orientation - Oct 17, 2012   SW - Nov 19, 2012   Nurse - Dec 12, 2012  Group Nutrition Class - Jan 14, 2013  Psychologist Feb 12, 2013  Nutrition March 15, 2013 Surgeon - April 5th (Dr Penner) Surgery May 16th 

Monica9811
on 9/16/13 1:34 am - Peterborough, Canada

You will do amazing.  Thanks for the morning smile.  It is emotional but as soon as you wake up you will be thankful that you had the courage to go through this journey!  All the best and can't wait to hear you are back home recovering wonder woman style!

Catw
on 9/16/13 1:41 am - Arnprior, Canada

You'll be fine tomorrow, you have lots or positive energy already.

As for the truck drivers, get ready for them to ask who the hot new girl that they hired is ;o).  (Yes you).

May the next part of your journey be smooth and quick.

Cathy

Camilla
on 9/16/13 2:40 am - Toronto, Canada
Wishing you a speedy recovery! Great sense of humour! It'll take you even further.
Cheers!

C.
Most Active
Recent Topics