Sleep apnea

needmylifeback
on 9/19/13 6:18 am
Hello

So and went and got my sleep test results today and am confused on what I should do

The dr said I have mild sleep apnea and that if it was just for him, he would not treat it. However he said I did sleep 4 hours while testing but never entered REM sleep. He said the barisctric dr may still want me to be treated. So I can either wait and see what the baractric surgeon says or just treat it and use machine when at hospital

Any suggestions on how to deal. Should I wait or just go ahead. I am still dealing with appts in Windsor.
I just want to get through this process as painless as possible

Ref sent March 27th. Orientation June 27th 2013. Nurse Consult Aug 19. Social-worker and nutrition class Sept 3  SLEEP study Sept 3rd  Doctor Consult Sept 27th...canceled, now Nov 11. Social worker (2ndappt) Oct24   Dietitian Oct 24  Physio appt Dec 13  and final windsorappt post op class Dec 19 Surgery April 8th

csmith74
on 9/19/13 6:51 am

Hello,

I was the same when I went for my test. I have mild sleep apnea but he was not concerned with it (he said I could have a machine but it really wouldn't make a difference). When I had my next appointment, I mentioned this to the nurse to see what they had to say. I did not need to get a machine and I had my surgery Aug 28th with no problems. Always try to ask more questions when you are having tests done as I find unless you ask, you will regret it later (I would look up what  the test is about and figure out some questions before I had the test...if the doctor answered the questions I wrote down then I was good to go).

Good luck!

Connie

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/13 6:54 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

If the machine was required then the sleep doc would have been obligated by law to tell you that you had to get one.  You must have really mild apnea since he doesn't feel it needs to be treated.  I'd not bother getting a machine unless the bariatric centre insist on it but then I'd still question it since a sleep doc wouldn't say you don't need to be treated for it unless you were below the number that is mandatory to be treated.

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/13 7:11 am

To be on the safe side I myself would call the clinic and ask them and see what they say. 

Sunny123
on 9/19/13 11:17 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Agreed!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Most Active
Recent Topics