post op

billy67
on 9/20/13 4:21 am - Canada
I had my surgery sept 11th and im having this discomfort on my left side when I get up and start to walk then it eases up and I can feel it sometimes when I take a deep breath, it feels like a pulled muscle.Is this normal? Other then that everything is great, I haven't needed anything for pain since leaving the hospital and no problems with drinking or eating on full fluids.I've lost 13 lbs since the surgery and 32 lbs since the start of optifast.
I did do a lot of coughing the first few days home
Thanks
Bill
sabrinastrength
on 9/20/13 5:06 am - Canada
Hi Bill - I had something similar happen to me, but I just took it extra easy getting up and sitting down and sitting in certain ways. My discomfort went away in a day or so, but when in doubt it doesn't hurt to call up the nurse if the discomfort is too unbearable.

Congrats on the weightloss so far!

Highest Weight Pre-Op: 346lbs;. Surgery Weight: 330lbs; Current Weight: 204lbs
Surgery: Aug 2, 2013

Nanato2
on 9/20/13 5:54 am, edited 9/20/13 5:54 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Billy

I had the same thing remember they cut through muscle when they did your surgery so sometimes when you are getting up it is the muscle pulling. I use to hold a pillow on my belly and get up it helped mine went away after a few weeks. But if the pain gets worse and doesn't go away call your centre and see them.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

TammyS74
on 9/20/13 11:18 am - Canada

I don't know much about post op since i am pre op LOL but I just wanted to congratulate you and say good luck!

LittleMiss2013
on 9/20/13 11:43 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I've read a lot on here, and the left side pain is something that comes up consistently. I have heard a few people say that long after surgery, they find it uncomfortable to lay on their left side too long because it can become uncomfortable. It is theorized that area is where the "staple" line is so you tend to feel it. I have not had surgery so I have NO clue, only relaying what i have read on here.

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics