Protein Powders

karensortafairytale
on 9/20/13 10:33 am
Hey all,

I have been trying to research protein powders and I am finding it so overwhelming!!!!

What are you drinking??? I'm afraid to buy a huge tub at 50.00 a pop and hate it!!!!

A little help to get some clarity would be greatly appreciated.
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/13 10:56 am - Straford, Canada

well Popeyes lets you try before you buy and GNC will take back a product that you don't like.  I have bought mine from GNC, the Promasil Vanilla Soft Serve for smoothies, chocolate for protein bars, and the unflavored one I have used is from GNC and its a whey based one.  I highly recommend you not stock up too much before surgery as your tastes can change and its a drag to be stuck with open containers of stuff you hate to eat/drink.  Good luck in your search!  

jellyfishattack
on 9/20/13 11:18 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

I agree 100% with Ian.  I buy my Allmax Isonatural Unflavoured whey isolate protein at Popeye's.  I hated every flavoured powder I tried, so I finally just went with unflavoured powder and Da Vinci's SF syrups.  That way, I also get 28g protein, with only 1g carbs, 0g sugar, and 0g fat. 

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

caiguise
on 9/21/13 8:27 am

I'm 10 days post surgery and protein shakes seem the centre of my universe.  I've found the soy protein needs mixing in cold water to a paste before use, but goes well in decaf coffee.  Most of the protein mixes I've tried seem too sweet and tough to mix, especially if you are not at home with a blender.  BUT I bought a jar of the president's choice whey protein shake mix.  It looks pricier, but per gram protein is in line with the more moderate brands. The big benefit is that it is not overly sweet and mixes easily with relatively little water.  Definite advantages.  Their serving size is three scoops and 38 g protein, so divide accordingly.  If I can offer another tidbit...one way that has helped me feel as if I am not drinking the same thing all day everyday is adding dutch process cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla or brandy extract, or a touch of instant decaf expresso or roast barley drink powder.  They have helped vary flavour and cut the sweetness.  BEST WISHES>

Pawsitive_One
on 9/21/13 9:06 am
RNY on 07/02/13

Patm told me about http://www.iwindirect.com and they send you free samples - you just pay for shipping!  I just received my sample package recently and LOVED the chocolate peanut butter flavor as well as the iced cappuccino flavor.  Now I know which flavors to spend money on

Thanks again for the tip Pat!!

PS.  Someone mentioned something about Ian's post but I don't see any posts from Ian...?  Strange...maybe a glitch or have I been blocked for some reason...? 

RnY: July 2nd, 2013

dragongirl_76
on 9/22/13 11:54 am
Bulk bark sells chic, vanilla and unflavoured. Cheap if you want to try a bit of each.
Protein powders are def an individual taste thing.
Most Active
Recent Topics