Have you ...

Ottawa34
on 9/17/13 1:47 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Hello everyone

I'm 2 + years out and for a while now I always feel bloated where my new pouch is.  No matter what I eat or drink it's a constant feeling that makes me feel not so great - just that constant full feeling.  I've also been having some pain under the lower portion of my rib cage on the left and right, on and off for the last few months.  I've gone into my center to talk about the pain, I've had CT and ultrasound and gastroscopy done and they can't see anything - keep telling me it's muscular.   I had my gallbladder removed Feb last year.

I find also if I lay down on my left side too long when I turn over or try to sit up it feels like my pouch and any parts of my anatomy just under my sternum are going to rip from my body - again as per my APN and surgeon it's muscular.

I'm a little hesitant about making an appointment with my center to see about the bloating feeling, I feel like they just keep shrugging everything else off, when I bring up a concern.   I know it's a good thing that there's nothing serious - but I can't imagine that all this is muscular. 

Just wondering if anyone else has had any of these since their surgery ?

thank you

Amy 

Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

birdiegirl
on 9/17/13 6:55 pm

Why not make an appointment with your family doc and have all of this investigated?........I find the centers great for some things.....but for my overall health I still rely on my own Doc.....

I think we also have a tendency to blame all symptoms pains etc on our surgery.......

Good luck

kany123
on 9/18/13 1:32 am - London, Canada
Are you on any antacids already? could be really bad case of heartburn
Have a great day....Kany     
Ottawa34
on 9/20/13 3:08 pm - Ottawa, Canada

I had a scope done earlier this year and they saw some inflammation of my pouch and did prescribed some meds for it.   I did have severe gastric reflux as a teen, and this feels nothing like it.  I've had no heartburn issues since surgery.

I'm thinking maybe to meet with my GP and see maybe if she might have a different angle to check out.

thank you :)

Amy

Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

Most Active
Recent Topics