What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

birdiegirl
on 9/19/13 8:49 pm, edited 9/19/13 9:00 pm

RNY  4 Years 5 Months Post Op

Morning

Slept in late this morning....-just thrilled I slept.....working today - out for dinner with friends this evening...like a fool I volunteered to drive so I wouldn't have a glass of wine!

STEPS - 8960 yesterday....a little better

EATS for Today

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

L - Ham and Pea soup

S - 2 Wasa

2 Laughing cow

D - 6 oz of swordfish

whatever veggie is served- green beans in my total

couple of bites of my DH's salad

one bite of my DH's dessert

S - jello S/F caramel pudding

MYFITNESSPAL Totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,088,  Carbs - 86 grams,  Fat - 37 grams,  Protein - 100 grams

All water....vits

Have a great one   mail

I have had to edit this post 3 times.....lol.......fat fingers and computer problems

Onward and
Downward

on 9/19/13 9:27 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I guess that's one way to resist a glass of wine with the meal - be the DD!  My husband doesn't drive, so I'm always the DD when we go somewhere, so it's nice when we walk to the pub around the corner, then I can have a glass of wine. :)  Congrats on sleeping, too, Barb!

I'm feeling constantly worried lately just because the job is stressful at the moment. Working long hours and still not enough time to get everything done because my area is short-handed.  This morning I woke up (well before the alarm - couldn't get back to sleep) and just felt demoralized about everything that has to get done with no time to do it all, and I didn't want to move.

So I logged into my email and found something from the Cambridge WLS group about the upcoming Southern Ontario conference the first weekend of October and their updated website with speakers at the conference, etc.  And I got lost for a while in the bios of the speakers, and went to a couple of their websites - and I feel so much better.  I've let work and worry about work take over my whole life even outside of work, and I'm realizing that I have to let that go.  Just getting my head out of it for a bit and thinking about something else has made me feel refreshed, ready to tackle work at work, and ready to let it go at the end of the day...hopefully.  I'm not concentrating enough on stuff at home, especially food prep (although I'm getting by), and that's not good.  So, it's time for me to get with it and start making home stuff a priority too.

10 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - Premier Protein shake

S - 2 small turkey pepperoni sticks, 1 pear (the pear will be rough on my carbs, but I'll live with it - better carbs than bread)

L - Leftover sushi from last night (3 pieces of salmon sushi), 1 oz of roasted chick peas

S - 1/2 cup light ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1 cup mixed berries (raspberries and blueberries)

D - I'm going to make the dinner I was going to make last night before spontaneously going out for sushi with my kid - 3 oz of chicken cooked with onions and mushrooms and wine, with salad on the side

S - 1 cup of skim milk

TOTALS: 108g protein, 35g fat, 96 carbs (79 net carbs), 1114 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

birdiegirl
on 9/19/13 9:42 pm

Its so diffiuclt to find balance in life....just dont let your own needs always be at the bottom......take care of yourself and good luck

Onward and
Downward

on 9/20/13 1:27 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks Barb.  You also seem to be someone who works constantly, so if you're telling me that, I'll take it to heart, believe me!  Heh.

Have a great day.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Julia P.
on 9/20/13 8:10 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I feel like we're living parallel lives with the work stress (as I type this still in the office at 6:00 p.m. on a Friday!).  Hopefully we can both find our balance again, and soon!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Onward and
Downward

on 9/20/13 10:20 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Dudette, no kidding!  Haha.  I walked out of the office at 7:30 tonight, but I'm glad I stayed because I feel okay about the work I got done and can now relax this weekend.

Lolabug
on 9/19/13 9:39 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Too funny Michelle we're both having the same lunch. No rice salmon sushi for me. And I too woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Work too is a huge concern and source of stress. Glad I'm still so early out that my eating is easy for me.

B - hummus

S - premier protein shake

L - two leftover salmon sushi, no rice

S - protein shake

D - mini meatloaf with Thai gravy

S - protein shake

birdiegirl
on 9/19/13 9:43 pm

I like the sound of your dinner.....anything Thai

Onward and
Downward

on 9/20/13 10:22 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Well, my sushi did have rice, but hope you enjoyed your salmon sushi without it!  I like sashimi too, because it's just the salmon and none of the other stuff - yum!

kristaeb
on 9/19/13 10:11 pm

Morning everyone one. I am glad its Friday.kiss.. Looks like rain for the next couple days so have to do more activity in at home .. 

B- Special K and 1% milk and little splenda.

S- some protein shake

L- poached chicken with peas and carrots.

S- LF Laughing cow and 2 melba rounds.

D- poached chicken with my peas and carrots.

S- roasted chick peas 1oz..

Have a great weekend everyone...broken heart..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Most Active
Recent Topics