First time I have enjoyed shopping for cloths in YEARS!!!

theadmin1
on 9/21/13 11:36 am - Belleville , Canada

I have always hated shopping for clothes... never felt good in anything I bought and always (personally) hated shopping in the plus size stores, and absolutely hated having my picture taken... Over the past 5 months (my surgery was May 1st of this year) I have lost 78 pounds. I have been to the mall a few times and frankly left frustrated because i didn't really know where I belong.  Sounds crazy but I always head to the plus size section so is there anything for me at Ricki's or Cleo's or Smart Set... never been in these stores pre surgery.  I walked around the 1st time feeling like an alien from another planet.  Well TODAY that changed... went to the mall to look for a dress for a wedding Thanksgiving week end.  Went into Cleo's and took a size 14, 16 and an 18 of various dresses into the dressing room.  Sales lady said... what size are you..why do you have so many sizes.??? I said ...I  don't' know, I have been a size 22 for so long I really don't know what size I am.   Well, let me tell you, I did try on the size18 first... hoping it would be too big..which it was... then I thought what the HELL, try on the 14, which I did ......and it FIT LIKE A GLOVE.  Came out of the dressing room and the look on my husband's face was priceless. 

There are bad food days, and good food days, days that chicken is good  and settles well, then days that chicken doesn't sit so well..  BUT I would not change this journey for anything...I have more energy to keep up with my athletic family, and to run around with my grandchildren without being breathless after 10 minutes.... I will take these small but wonderful milestones....and keep moving forward.

I wish I had done this years ago!

Katie M.
on 9/21/13 12:02 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Congrats! I can just imagine how great it feels to be in a size 14 and have it fit perfectly! 78 pounds in five months... Wow. I love posts like this because it gives me so much hope. Hopefully your energy levels keep going up and the good food days start to outnumber the bad :) I wish you lots of continued success!! 

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

theadmin1
on 9/21/13 12:45 pm - Belleville , Canada

Thank you....that was my goal.... to encourage my weight loss brother and sisters in this journey....

Good luck to you too!

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/13 7:54 pm - Straford, Canada

Isn't it grand?!  Wishing you continued success and many more positive experiences!  kiss  

I fit into clothing now that I have never fit into in my adult life!  I was shopping at Mark's the other day and went to the clearance rack, absolutely nothing but 3 and 4XL sizes on it!  I was amazed, I don't recall ever finding my old sizes on the clearance racks, and now that I am a small to medium size all that is there is my old sizes!  I gladly pay the higher prices to buy these sizes!

1greeneyedgirl
on 9/21/13 8:28 pm - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Congratulations, you have done amazing and I wish you all the continued success.  It's such an inspiration to hear stories like this for all of us.  We will get there also. xo

Cathy angry

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

KerryF.
on 9/21/13 8:43 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

with surgery so close,  I am soaking in all of these amazing posts. 78 pounds is amazing!!  my biggest worry is it happens for everyone but me. I have dreamed of this for 25 years and at this stage it still doesn't seem believable for me yet.

5 months......... March I could be shopping for new clothes ????? 

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Onward and
Downward

on 9/21/13 10:58 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

No way. It'll happen for you too - you won't be an exception. :)  You'll do great!  I wish I had been able to do this years ago.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

muknanav
on 9/21/13 9:03 pm - Erin, Canada

Fabulous story, and I love the part about your hubby's face. Have a great time at the wedding rocking that dress!

Anita

5'8" ~ HW: 350 ~ Starting Weight at Guelph: 338 ~ Starting Weight on Opti: 313 ~ Surgery Weight: 298 

RNY July 17, 2013 ~ Dr Foute-Nelong ~ CW: 159

Darthmummy
on 9/21/13 9:51 pm
This is wonderful. This week I bought a bra in a store! It's still a huge bra, but I didn't have to order it in. I know how you feel. It's wonderful.
Onward and
Downward

on 9/21/13 10:58 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Congratulations, it's great being a size 14 isn't it! :)  (That's my size too right now!)  Buh-bye, Pennington's and Addition-Elle - won't miss you!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics