Going to information session on the 21 st of October..

melprice
on 10/2/13 5:55 pm - Barrie, Canada

Well here it starts !! :D Im finally getting this ball rolling.. any tips? 

franky13
on 10/3/13 1:51 am

Good luck to you...we are neighbours (I live just outside Barrie, in Midhurst)

For the Info session, I was at HRRH, just take it all in...its a long session but full of information...dont let some of it scare you. 

My surgery was August 1, best decision of my life! Good luck to you!

Referred September 2012, HHRH Orientation December 2012, Meet with surgeon January 2013, Meet with and testing with Dr Glazer May 2013, PATTS July 4, 2013 - 325lbs, Surgery HRRH August 1st, 2013 - 299lbs, second surgery late August 2nd to drain fluid, Discharged August 5th - 294lbs, reached 1/2 way to goal at 16 wks, MOM of three kids, married for 13 years :)

Zizzler
on 10/3/13 9:03 am

I took a lot of notes but everyone is different.  I also brought someone with me (my father) to get another perspective.  I knew most of it from this site but each centre seems to do things slightly different, so it was interesting. I almost started crying when the person presenting spoke about how obesity is still so stigmatized and there is a lot of size-ism out there. Every person awaiting surgery in that room was nodding their heads- it was amazing to be in a room full of people who are all in the same boat. Enjoy your orientation...

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Most Active
Recent Topics