Round Bump/Lump in my Tummy??

Hotelier
on 10/2/13 12:40 am

Hi there

been awhile since I have been on here. Wanted to ask and see if anyone had this strange lump? I am almost 11 months out and of course I figure I can lift and do all kinds of Wonder Woman things so I was moving boxes and crates out to the garage in our new house. A couple of weeks later (last week) I was coughing nd I could feel this bump/lump protruding in my lower tummy? It was pulling at first, like a tug, and now it is there. If I press on it it feels like lump but feels like I popped something. Very weird sound. Anyway I have been coughing this week and every time I cough it protrudes. I have made an appointment right away but just wanted to see if anyone else had this. Oh and also last week I felt very nauseous and hot everyday around noon and lasted all day?? Any one felt this before? Might be a hernia?

Lori

Monica M.
on 10/2/13 1:02 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

that sounds like a hernia to me. Get it checked out ASAP, seriously. Your bowel could protrude into the gap, and become strangulated, which could be an emergency situation.

Hotelier
on 10/2/13 1:10 am

Hi Monica,

Thanks so much for writing. I figured so. I called the doctor and was scheduled for tomorrow and called back today to see if I could get in today and she said yes. Thank god. It feels really weird, hope nothing serious. My luck it will be! I have been lucky with no complications but I had a feeling I blew something in there. Thanks for your reply! You always seem to have a good explanation of things. Take care Lori

Lori

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/13 1:45 am - Straford, Canada

Unless you're missing your sugar bowl...  kiss

Hotelier
on 10/2/13 1:48 am

Lolol I hope not!! Actually I haven't missed sugar! been really good eating . Been on a stall for awhile and not sure but shaking it up!!

Lori

Monica M.
on 10/2/13 3:06 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

a missing sugar bowl is the first thing i'd  be checking for. lol

Monica M.
on 10/2/13 3:11 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Let us know how things go with the doc. I'm sure its something simple that can be fixed quickly, but you just never know with these things, and its better to be safe than sorry.

Monica9811
on 10/2/13 3:27 am - Peterborough, Canada

Hope you find out what it is and its not too serious!  Always leave it  up to Ian to make us smile!!

Kelly D.
on 10/2/13 5:48 am - Toronto, Canada
Until you see your doc, try and "splint" or hold that area with your hand and press in if you feel the need to cough

Kelly

Hotelier
on 10/2/13 10:53 am

Hi all

Thanks so much for all of your advice. That was greatly appreciated! Especially Ian about the sugar bowl! I wi**** was the sugar bowl! I went to see Dr Hunyh and unfortunately i was scheduled for 2:15 and I sat there for a long time and I thought maybe they forgot about me and he came out and said "Hey Lori I think they forgot you!" Anyway always a wait there but it was worth it. He is sooooo nice. Just trust him and he is always so reassuring and takes the time ( maybe that is why they are always 2 hrs behind your scheduled appointment.) He always shakes your hand and puts his hand on your shoulder and says it is going to be okay. Everyone should have him as he is wonderful.

Anyway he felt for it and said yes it is there and so I have to have an ultrasound in the morning and blood and all. He was concerned about the nausea and the hot feeling in my face. Said maybe he should do an endoscopy ( I said no way, I did not like the last one!) he said I might have an ulcer also. He said he will look at the results and see what to do. Says it is right on my port ( from my lap band surgery) . He said he will look at results and determine if he needs to repair like now and if it is not immediate he will fix the first week of November. Just my luck!! says it would be one night in the hospital.

I would tell everyone who has this surgery that life is great after having this surgery and I should have known not to be lifting really heavy boxes. My fault definately!  I have felt great from this surgery and I am sure it has saved mine and my husbands life( My husband is down 150 and looks and feels amazing, he was a heart attack waiting to happen).

Keep you posted, sorry for such a long thread but thanks again for your sage advice!!! L

Lori

Most Active
Recent Topics