First Surgeon Meeting + Hubby....

FangirlsHandbag
on 10/2/13 10:46 am

Hi Everyone,

Thaks for weighing in on the subject of my hubby scaring the BEJESUS out of himself by reading all those articles. He was going to come with me to the appointment regardless, but I decided to take your advice and bring him into the meeting with the surgeon.

Am I glad I did.

I asked my big 4 questions and Craig (my DH) was able to ask his. He's still worried, but his big concerns were covered.

As for Dr. Huynh, I didn't actually get to meet him, something that irks me somewhat. We met with his surgical resident instead - I cannot remember his name. At any rate, Resident Young-Turk was very nice, and answered all my questions. He seemed to think that I was an excellent candidate and didn't see any potential problems with me having the proceedure.

So, YAY ME!

One hurdle done, the next set of appointments are on Dec. 12 when I meet with the social worker, nurse clinician, registered dietitian and Dr. Glazer.

BTW, why do I need to see Dr. Glazer?

Cheers!

C

Orientation (HRRH): 09/23/13 - First Surgeon Meeting (Dr. Huynh): 01/10/13 - Consults (SW/NC/RD): 12/12/13 - Optifast: 05/08/14 - Surgery: 05/29/14

kristaeb
on 10/2/13 11:52 am

Dr. Glazer is the internist and hes the one who decides if you need any further tests regarding your health etc. He is the one who approves you for surgery....Good luck...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

FangirlsHandbag
on 10/2/13 11:58 am

Thanks Krista!!

Orientation (HRRH): 09/23/13 - First Surgeon Meeting (Dr. Huynh): 01/10/13 - Consults (SW/NC/RD): 12/12/13 - Optifast: 05/08/14 - Surgery: 05/29/14

beemyne7
on 10/3/13 6:12 am - Canada

Halloo,

Do you meet with all those folks on Dec.12? That would suit me just fine!!

Beemyne7   broken heart 

Most Active
Recent Topics