PATTS appoitnment

PepperBB
on 10/2/13 11:57 pm - Canada

Is this appointment necessary? As in does everyone have one?

I have my surgery date, but I have yet to get a call about this appointment. I called this week but have not heard back.

My surgery date is Oct 28th and I start my opti on Monday. Should I be concerned?

Thanks!

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/13 12:00 am

PATTS prior to any surgery is usually mandatory.  I would call to ask them when you will be having yours.  It's usually done anytime within a month of surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/13 12:13 am

I'm in Guelph, they called me September 20th to give me my PATTS for Oct 4th and my surgery is Oct 11th. Just to give you a frame of reference!

PepperBB
on 10/3/13 12:22 am - Canada

Thanks for your responses, I think I am just getting overly anxious about everything as it is getting very close and for some reason I like having all the loose ends tied up.

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

1greeneyedgirl
on 10/3/13 1:49 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Yes, this appointment is very important as they are asking questions about your history, blood work, ecg, xrays if needed and you have the opportunity to ask the nurse any questions you have about the surgery and how that day will go.  I had my PATTS on my first day of Opti, just make sure they know you need the appointment soon and I'm sure they will have you come in soon.

Cathy xo enlightened

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

bikinibound2014
on 10/3/13 2:57 am

What is PATTS?  It's the first I'm hearing about it :)

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/13 3:05 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

It's your pre-op appointment where you meet the anesthesist, usually an internist, a nurse, etc.  They take blood, do ecg, sometimes a chest xray.. I believe it has to be done no earlier than 6 weeks before any surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics