Pasta

franky13
on 10/2/13 11:36 pm

When did you start eating pastas etc...? shoud I wait to see diet at 3 months? I get all my protein in daily?

Referred September 2012, HHRH Orientation December 2012, Meet with surgeon January 2013, Meet with and testing with Dr Glazer May 2013, PATTS July 4, 2013 - 325lbs, Surgery HRRH August 1st, 2013 - 299lbs, second surgery late August 2nd to drain fluid, Discharged August 5th - 294lbs, reached 1/2 way to goal at 16 wks, MOM of three kids, married for 13 years :)

Leanne1
on 10/3/13 12:29 am - Newmarket, Canada

I am 3 yrs out and still can't tolerate pastas and rice.... 

PROTEINS first ALWAYS

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/13 8:29 am

when you say you still can't tolerate it,  what do youmean?  Doyouthrowup?

Leanne1
on 10/3/13 8:37 am - Newmarket, Canada
Depends on the day... sometimes I vomit... sometimes it makes me feel like I want to vomit but it won't come out or sometimes I have to go lay down cuz it makes me feel awful, after about an hr or so, I start to feel human again

So we limit the pasta.. My hubby doesn't like pastas and rice very much so it is easy to stay away from.

Even if I am craving pasta, it's not always good for me to eat it. If I eat it, I usually end up "paying a price" for it.

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Patm
on 10/3/13 12:42 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

For the first year I wanted to maximize my weight loss so stayed away from carbs like pasta and rice. They are basically empty calories. I would rather after the protein add vegetables, salad or fruit.

At 20 months I have had two small stuffed cannelloni twice. I still do not like that they are empty calories

Monica M.
on 10/3/13 1:08 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

they are not empty calories. Carbs are part of a "normal" diet, and pasta actually has some protein in it. They are difficult to tolerate, for a lot of people, tho.

Patm
on 10/3/13 1:32 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

In the first year I really wasn't as focused on a normal diet as I was on maximizing my weight loss. I was saying that for me it was not worth it. As for protein the 4 or 5 grams of protein were just not worth the bulk of the pasta.

Monica M.
on 10/3/13 1:40 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

that's wonderful. I'm just "objecting" to the categorization of pasta as "empty" calories. It does have good nutritional value.

kristaeb
on 10/3/13 1:05 pm

I choose not to eat pasta ,rice, bread. I am also trying to maximize my weight loss in this first year. Later i will have very little bread because bread and  have always been addiction my whole life....Krista...

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

EternalEx
on 10/3/13 1:31 am - Canada
I tried around 3 months. It doesn't sit well with me. I've had better luck with a small piece of frozen lasagna from m&m meats. The pasta is super soft, and sauce helps. It does fill you up, so watch the portions. Rice sits better with me, but again, i eat it very occasionally because it's a filler.
Most Active
Recent Topics