Premier Protein

Mandalious
on 10/3/13 3:05 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

Seems to be the drink of choice around here.

I have never tried it.

Cant someone give me the break down on it.

How much Carbs? Cals? Protein?

How much it cost and how much in a case?

and is Costco the preferred place to buy it?

Anyone NOT like it after surgery?

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/13 3:08 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I have bought it once and hated it so will never buy again. Only available at Costco. I think I paid $27.99 for the case but some have seen it on sale for closer to $20 at times.  18 to a case if that helps.

Stats

160 calories

3 grams fat

5 grams carbs

30 grams protein.

Mandalious
on 10/3/13 3:17 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

Thanks Tracey

Im trying to plot my way to have enough stuff on hand once Im on bench.

I dont drive and all my close friends that do drive are pregnant so they wont be able to lift and one will refuse to drive in the winter also.

Maybe I just need to take the chance and buy a couple of boxes.

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/13 3:21 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Oh forgot to mention they now come in both chocolate and vanilla.  I only ever tried chocolate but that still seems to be the favourite here.  I may get my sister to pick me up a case of the vanilla next time she goes since we don't have a Costco within 4 hours of us just to try.  At least vanilla I can alter the taste a bit if I don't like them as is and I generally prefer vanilla over chocolate.  I choked my way through most of the case then finally gave the rest away.  You may be in the majority that loves them so if you can get there now and get a few cases, it may be worth it and if you hate them, I am sure if you belong to a support group, someone would likely buy the other case from you since they are so popular.

Patm
on 10/3/13 4:27 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I liked them at first but got very tired of them by the second case. Have not bought them since. There are ways to alter it on the Ontario recipes forum. The link is in Tracy's post

Michele T.
on 10/3/13 4:52 am - Canada

I love them should say the chocolate as I just tried Vanilla for  the first time today and didn't`t really like it.  But I have one every morning.

Referral from GP October 2012  Starting Opti July 15th  Surgery with Dr. Jackson @ TWH on August 8th, 2013

JenH1969
on 10/3/13 5:10 am - Brighton, Ontario, Canada
I dilute mine half and half with water - I am not very good with protein shakes but like this one diluted.

Hth

SMILES~JEN 
SW-296 lbs,CW-240 lbs,GW-150 lbs
               ~Don't let what you want NOW affect what you want MOST~
                                           WE CAN DO THIS!!

kathycantwait
on 10/3/13 5:39 am - Canada
Hi
I have yet to try Premier Protein but the first one I tried was 6 star from Wal-Mart that was so gross and it made me sick to my stomach, I thought I was doomed. I then went to Popyes in Newmarket and wow they were great, The 2 guys working their were very knowledgeable and they gave me exactly what I needed and it tastes great just like chocolate milk in a time release form to keep me feeling fuller longer. I have lost 10 lbs since using them for the last month. They compared Wal-Mart and Costco brands to hot dogs and Hexapro to prime rib and after some research I found out that this is true. They are not on commission and it is a Canadian store, where as GNC is US and commission based. The down side is you do pay for what you get, there is definitely a price difference. Listed below is what it offers best of luck to you because in the end it is a personal choice.

Per serving
25 g protein
176 calories
4g total fat
24mg cholesterol
122g sodium
370mg potassium
10g total carbs
I hope this helps

(deactivated member)
on 10/3/13 6:07 am

Kathy, I believe you are still pre-op so you may want to ask your centre if they recommend this one for post op.  My centre doesn't want us having anything with more than 5 carbs per serving for protein powder.  Just thought I would throw that out there in case you want to get it cleared if your centre recommends the same.  With that being said, my centre has approved some that were different stats than what they said to use but still best to check with them.

Hennagirliegirl
on 10/3/13 6:10 am - Canada

Costco @ Mavis only carries chocolate. Where are people able to buy the vanilla?

Tx

Terri

Most Active
Recent Topics