Hematologist in the GTA

BluIzGal
on 10/3/13 10:48 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

I'm not sure what everyone's experience has been with various medical professionals outside of their own WLS centres but I've had to refer to my RNY diagram on my iPhone and find to educate them on the procedure. At my one year appointment it had been suggested that I speak to my family doctor about how to proceed with my low iron issues as supplementation doesn't seem to be working.  I'd like to suggest a referral to a hematologist and would like to have a name of one if she feels this would be a good idea. Has anyone here in the GTA dealt with one that has at least some idea of the challenges that might exist, and if so, their name?

Thanks

Patricia

Karen M.
on 10/4/13 12:04 am - Mississauga, Canada
Yes, me. I was referred by my family doctor to Dr. Terry Kwan in Mississauga.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

BluIzGal
on 10/4/13 1:02 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

Thanks Kare. glad to see you back on here.  Missed your input on this board. 

kellybelly333
on 10/4/13 4:57 am - Toronto, Canada

Dr. Wilson from HRRH. And I got the information from Leona Oknee Dove, who is an OH member....I think she goes by Oknee.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

BluIzGal
on 10/4/13 5:03 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

Thanks Kelly 

Most Active
Recent Topics