LittleMiss2013
on 10/6/13 2:35 am, edited 4/14/17 8:18 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

.Save

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

mispysmom
on 10/6/13 2:53 am - elliot lake, Canada
sounds like low blood sugar....did ur doctor give u a hand out on how to treat it with "eating a chocolate bar"?? lol its scary when ur alone......if he didnt ill find.mine n tell u wht it says.

Amanda

Katie M.
on 10/6/13 2:58 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I have the same problem and it started about day 5 - I'm beginning week 3. I find the best thing is to drink more water and have some of your allowed foods, if there are any. For me it's sugar free Jello or broth. If it's really bad and I feel so dizzy I might faint, I have a shake even if it's earlier than usual. My family doc said it's probably low blood sugar so don't go too long between shakes and drink so much water you feel like you'll burst. I asked if chocolate was the answer (seriously!) and his response was, "Umm, no." And he looked at me disapprovingly ;) But his other advice was to get up slowly so you don't get spinney, and if you need to lay down then go lay down :)

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

LittleMiss2013
on 10/6/13 3:16 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Naa I was totally kidding about the chocolate, lol, but this happened right after I HAD a shake.....like 20 minutes later or so. It is still happening now.

For treatment of low blood sugar, the sheet said something about taking a diabetic sugar pill...but I don't have any, because I am not diabetic =/

I have occasional "dumping syndrome" because I have had my gallbladder removed but this doesn't feel like that. I also started my monthly visitor yesterday as if I didn't have enough going on, lol

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics