Opurity vitamins

hockeydad2013
on 10/11/13 11:57 pm - Canada
I'm in the hospital about to start vitamins and nurses says from the ingredients two multi a day as not enough b12 and two calcium at lunch and supper for calcium. Inhadcwritten down . I multi at breakfast anD 1 calcium at lunch and one at supper

jen1016
on 10/12/13 1:26 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13
I am not sure about the opurtity ones, but I am taking two multi vit at breakfast, b12 1000 mcg every other day and calcium w/vit d 3x a day. So perhaps that is what the nurses are thinking about that.

4-Jane
on 10/12/13 1:50 am - Canada

Hope your feeling better soon

Respectfully Jane
LilyBugsMommy
on 10/12/13 2:21 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Hello, I have been using the Opurity since surgery. I had chosen them for the ease of taking one pill per day for what I thought would cover everything but my calcium/vitamin D needs.

However, about 2 months ago I was having a lot of signs of low B12 and decided to investigate. I discovered that quite often when someone has RNY surgery, they don't have enough "intrinsic factor" in their new stomach to absorb an oral form of B12. We need to take a sublingual, nasal spray or injection form of B12 in order to absorb enough B12. Also, my Iron was too low. So, I couldn't absorb the B12 from the Opurity and it didn't offer enough Iron.

Now I take both of these, along with my Calcium and Vitamin D (4 times per day based on the dose in my pills) on top of my Opurity multi. So, I have decided that when my current supply runs out, I am just going to buy the recommended multi vitamins here in Canada. It's just not worth the expense of shipping and exchange if I still have buy B12 and Iron as well.

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

hockeydad2013
on 10/12/13 6:51 am - Canada
Thanks my nurse said their wasn't enough b12 in on a day so I will look at that also

reenie33
on 10/12/13 8:15 pm

dont forget about vit c so that the iron is well absorbed, my surgeon told me to take it. I do 3 calciun and vit d a day bf lunch and dinner, as soon as I awake I take vit c and iron, also b12 every other day, 2 multis. 

Most Active
Recent Topics