Triathlon Training

Chelsea1
on 10/12/13 4:30 am - Canada
So I really want to compete, nothing huge or anything but I'm wondering if anyone has a triathlon training program or resources that could help? I would appreciate it, thanks!!

Patm
on 10/12/13 8:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You might also post on the fitness forum. I found them helpful.

highlandbear
on 10/12/13 9:24 am - Canada

I have many from my trainer. Would be willing to share with you. My first question is can you swim or run. Biking is not the hard part and you can start that training in the spring. I have some swimming drills that we do once a week. I take it that you would be doing a tri tri first time out. Do you live around Hamilton we are always willing to take new members. Let me know if you can swim or not and I will send you the drills if you can swim

Chelsea1
on 10/12/13 9:27 am - Canada
Hey! Thanks, yeah I competed at the provincial level until I was 16 for swimming. Running will be the roughest part for me. I was thinking of joining run groups. Definitely a try a tri first.

I live in London unfortunately but any help is awesome! Thanks a bunch!

highlandbear
on 10/12/13 9:34 am - Canada

Than get in the pools and do some drill work. I take it you know how do drills. Do them once a week for the winter.  Start running by running for 2 minutes and and walk a minute for about 35 minutes. do about 3 x a week and when you start to feel stronger go 5 minutes and one minute of walking. Build up to it. There is a big difference running on a treadmill and a running outdoors so you must get outside and run.  For a tri tri you do not need no fancy bike any bike will do. This will get you started. Training usually starts May to do a tri tri sometime in aug or sept. If you like i can send you a training schedule

Chelsea1
on 10/12/13 1:41 pm - Canada
I'll definitely need to get back in the pool. If you could send me any training, that would be amazing. Thanks again!!!

highlandbear
on 10/12/13 10:39 pm - Canada

Start with getting out there and doing a two minute run and a one minute walk for 30 to 35 minutes this week  and just getting into the pool and doing a few front crawls. back crawls, heads up, legs only, arm only and this will be a good start. Make sure you do about 8 lengths of warm up in the pool than do the rest. I will get the program together and e mail you them. Let me know how  the run goes. Add me as a friend willbe easier to send you things.

Most Active
Recent Topics