Monster rears its ugly head

gaelicgirl68
on 10/6/13 9:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

Not sure where to start really. I am almost 4 years out from RNY and was going along fine for the first 3 and a half years....still the honeymoon phase I guess. I have struggled terribly in the last few months and feel those demons taking over again. I have started to eat crap again and things that make me sick and I know how bad it is and what I am doing but still do it anyway. I have started to gain a few pounds back nothing drastic but its coming back on again. I just can't seem to stop myself no matter how I try. My MoJo is gone....I am so afraid of ending back at where I  started you would think that would be enough to jolt me to my senses but its not and I am ashamed of myself and mad at myself for allowing this to happen. What do I do now how do I get back on track and back to where I was ...I still wanted to lose more weight even at my lightest of 150lbs but am now at 170lbs so I really need some advice or perhaps if there is anyone who can help me professionally that any of you know of would be great.....I know how hard this is and everyday lately has been so very hard but I can't go another day and not reach out for help......perhaps I need a good ***** slap to wake me up whatever but lay it on me ladies I need it .......

GaelicGirl68

kristaeb
on 10/6/13 9:53 am

Hi, i am early out but i told myself if i start slipping i am calling my clinic and get help...They will help you. You have taken the first step and asked for help here.kiss.. I am sure the vets will chime in and help some more....I wish you the best Krista...

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Karen M.
on 10/6/13 9:58 am - Mississauga, Canada
Hey you

Honestly, I think every one of us goes through periods where we feel like we're losing self-control over eating. You did the right thing, coming here and reaching out. (Actually, I'm thrilled to see you on a personal level ) The fear and shame that you're feeling is so normal and I know it can make you feel like giving in. Don't let that happen, Cath. I KNOW you and how strong and determined you are in so many areas of your life. Do NOT let this beat you or feel shame. Christ, we've felt shame our whole obese lives and it's not fair, nor deserved.

Track what you're eating, join in the "what are you eating" thread each day, take stock of your successes, list situations that make you feel out of control with food and hang in there. I believe you can do this - now YOU have to believe in yourself. Forgive yourself and start over. And let me know if you'd like to meet for a coffee to chat.

Take care of yourself and come back here often!

Talk soon,

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/6/13 10:02 am - Windsor, Canada

I know this well at 7 years out plus.  Every day is a struggle.  Some days are going to be about trying to lose, some times are going to be working on a holding pattern.  It's going to be about constantly picking yourself up and straightening yourself up and getting back on plan.  Try and give yourself some grace. 

Time perhaps to set a new goal.  Where are you lacking or what could you do better?  Set yourself for a small increment of chance --- how about working hard for 3 weeks to see what you are capable of?  Going to a support group?  Get back to basics.   High protein, low carb, paleo/primal eating is very good for us longtimers.

If you are on Facebook see my signature for my long timers group.  See the pinned post in that group for my fighting regain group too.  All the best to you!  Never give up on yourself

dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

gaelicgirl68
on 10/6/13 10:42 am - Mississauga, Canada

Thanks to all of you for the support ...Karen will take you up on that offer and lets do coffee soon am free most days ....pm me your number again ...I am sure I have it but I can't remember where I put it...glad to see you back on here too...I have not been on for a very long time....need to come back more often

GaelicGirl68

Most Active
Recent Topics