Having a hard time!

Camilla
on 10/6/13 11:23 am - Toronto, Canada

Ok, I thought I'd wait a while before mentioning anything as these changes take time,and Im trying daily but im going nuts here! I'm on Soft Solid stage presently.   I take little bites and chew chew chew and chew some more (believe me!) but still having problems swallowing, even with some very basic foods like: poached eggs, chicken, ground beef, protien shakes etc.  These are necessary for my health. I'm even a week and a bit behind with my eating schedule (I stayed longer in the earlier stages because of an earlier complication). I'm getting very frustrated with myself now and don't know what to do. I'm becoming more and more afraid to eat (which i know is not good). Im trying all sorts of ways to nourish myself and I'm having issues.

Have any of you had a hard time in the early months Post-op?  Am i wrong for having a bit of buyer remorse right now?

Please tell me this really does get easier (if its true).

Thanks.

Btw. i will be calling the centre tomorrow...

C.

Charlene Straus
on 10/6/13 11:58 am - Mississauga, Canada

Sending you hugs and positive thoughts. I have been so lucky. I have had absolutely no issues, other than adding protein powder, to my foods. It made me want to hurl,  And all the milk products played hell with my GI tract. I'm on the pureed stage and so far, so good. No dumping. Been able to eat everything, although it takes time. Poached eggs are easy, but not sure, what will happen when I get to the soft sold stage. 

Camilla
on 10/7/13 5:35 am - Toronto, Canada
Glad to hear things are going well so far. Wishing you all the best for your future stages! I hear it gets better, I can't wait.

Chelsea1
on 10/6/13 1:30 pm - Canada
I hear ya! I'm 8 weeks out and have trouble with denser meat. If it not moist enough or stupid me, I eat too fast (old habit), I get really bad foamies. I've been getting them a lot so I went back to puréed/softer foods for a couple days here and there.

-chili
-milk and cereal (Special K) and chewed
-cheese
-tofu
-Greek yogurt
-peanut butter with Melba toast

Things like that. Take it slow, I know it's frustrating but I remind myself everyday that it's getting better and better, just gotta reach my protein goal.

Don't be too hard on yourself, this is a huge change for your body and mind.

Camilla
on 10/7/13 4:47 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi Chelsea, how'd you know I was the type that was hard on myself? Lol. Gonna try some peanut butter. I've never had tofu, how do you like to eat it?
Thx!
1greeneyedgirl
on 10/6/13 3:32 pm - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

I'm so sorry to hear you are having some trouble with swallowing foods.  I think you are doing the right thing by calling your centre asap.  They should be able to help you.  Take it easy, it will get better.

Cathy xo

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

Camilla
on 10/7/13 5:29 am - Toronto, Canada
Thanks so much my dear!
JenH1969
on 10/6/13 7:37 pm - Brighton, Ontario, Canada
I hope things get easier for you soon. Hopefully your clinic will be able to help you.

SMILES~JEN 
SW-296 lbs,CW-240 lbs,GW-150 lbs
               ~Don't let what you want NOW affect what you want MOST~
                                           WE CAN DO THIS!!

Camilla
on 10/7/13 5:30 am - Toronto, Canada
hope so too, thx.
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/13 8:27 pm - Straford, Canada

I would reach out to your NUT via email and see what they might suggest.  I found every now and then I had to return to liquid stage for one reason or another, but did not experience the degree of problems you seem to be having.  Good luck with a resolution.  Time may be what you need too (don't know, just taking a stab at it)!

Most Active
Recent Topics