Orientation Monday

Amarachi
on 10/19/13 8:11 am, edited 10/19/13 8:11 am - Canada
So excited to start this process, I have been contemplating having this surgery for years and made the decision last year that i will make one last attempt to lose it on my own while waiting for the referral to go through, if I was successful on my own, I wouldn't do the surgery.<br />
<br />
Well here I am hours from my orientation 25lbs heavier then when my Doctor submitted my referral. I honestly am so excited and ready to make this change. I have 20 pgs to complete on my health history and hope I remember everything.
Hennagirliegirl
on 10/19/13 9:32 am - Canada

It is an exciting time, enjoy the process.

Terri

Amarachi
on 10/19/13 9:57 am, edited 10/22/13 7:09 pm - Canada

Thank you Terri, I am going to start a blog to document my progress, the pictures and stories are such an inspiration.

;/p>

nani911
on 10/19/13 9:35 am - Canada
My orientation is on October 30th. Looking forward to comparing notes and supporting you through this amazing journey.
Vickie    
Amarachi
on 10/19/13 10:00 am, edited 10/19/13 10:00 am - Canada

Thank you Vickie, and congratulations on your Orientation too, I would love to support you!! I will add you as my first friend, haven't had one of those in a long time :).

Jacquie

daisies109
on 10/19/13 8:37 pm
Best of luck in this amazing journey. I'm still in the pre-op phase and this amazing group has been such a great support system. Congratulations on your new journey. Keep us posted on your progress and don't hesitate to reach out for any reason

Daisies

Amarachi
on 10/20/13 3:15 am - Canada
Thank you Daisies109,
I had my sister over today to look at this forum of amazing support and information, she loved it. We went through the forms to fill in family history so I have them completed for my Orientation.
I cannot thank you and all the wonderful people who have reached out to welcome myself and others, it truly makes a difference when you have felt so alone for so long.

Jacquie
Zizzler
on 10/19/13 11:20 pm

Hi there, it has taken me 12 years to finally consider surgery so I totally understand where you are coming from.  I am waiting for my first assessment and had my orientation last month.  Welcome to the forum and enjoy the orientation.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Amarachi
on 10/20/13 3:19 am - Canada
Congratulations Zizzler on your first step! I know how much it took me to get here and have the belief i can do this. I am bringing my husband to write down information at the orientation so i am not overwhelmed with trying to remember everything, i will enjoy it! It is the first step to reclaiming the life i deserve to live
Thank you for the warm welcome
Curious.George
on 10/20/13 1:36 am - Canada

To all of you just starting on this amazing journey - WELCOME - For the most part, time will fly by!  The miracles are just beginning!  My best wishes to all of you. Have a great day and a wonderful journey, one day at a time.

Marj

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

Most Active
Recent Topics