A little of topic

hockeydad2013
on 10/19/13 3:27 am - Canada

I am not the best cook , and usually would cook steak chicken etc mostly on BBQ .learning to cook better food for myself and kids. Does anyone have a site with good recipe for wls at purée stage , soft and real food.

also I want to buy a blender or food processor. If money is not a factor , what would be used more. I have a little magic bullet

hibbyangel
on 10/19/13 3:40 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

the world according to egg face is a good site( http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.ca/ ).Another site with good ideas for protein shakes etc is http://bariatrickitchen.com/. Pinterest has a lot of good ideas as well. Food processor works better then blenders in any case that i have ever needed either for. I did buy one that has both attachments and one base..only use the processor though.

Curious.George
on 10/19/13 4:34 am - Canada

I bought the "Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook For Dummies"!  I also bought "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery!  Both are very good cookbooks. There are lots of cooking tips as well as comments regarding and specific to Weight Loss Surgery.  Also, I just bought a good blender and I never use my Magic Bullet anymore. Hope this helps.

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

burg_vs
on 10/19/13 7:34 am

I bought the for dummies book too...now that I am four weeks post op I should start using it lol

hockeydad2013
on 10/19/13 5:12 am - Canada

Thanks 

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/13 6:49 am - Straford, Canada

allrecipes.com, they send me an email every day, their search engine works very well, their recipes have ratings from folks who have tried them and comments too if folks found a better way to make something or tweak (not twerk) the recipe and each one has nutrient levels so its easy to judge if you should bother making it without having to plug it into myfitnesspal or some other program.  

G_mama_d
on 10/19/13 11:11 pm - North Bay, Canada
I have a small kitchen aid chopper, looks like a mini food processor, approx $35, it will work well for pureed stage, also bought a magic bullet and have been using it for shakes. I'm pre-op but trying things now so i'm prepared for after.

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

Most Active
Recent Topics