What are you eating/doing today (Sunday)

birdiegirl
on 10/19/13 8:08 pm

RNY  4 Years 6 Months Post Op

Morning

I haven't looked outside the door yet..(still dark)....but if it isn't too wet or cold I will golf today....I need some exercise......other then that.....I am just going to relax today

STEPS - 4900....I don't expect my numbers to be much above this for the next 6 weeks....other then hopefully today when I golf....I am committed at work for that time frame.....have even canceled my personal trainer for the last while until I get my work life balanced....this isn't a good thing.....but I accept it for the time being

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1 large egg bite

L - while walking golf course

1/2 salmon sandwich

1 medium honey crisp apple

D - 2 cups of green salad with regular dressing

6 oz grilled chicken breast

S -   9 low sodium triscuits

3/8 cup of shredded habanero melted on top

5 oz glass of Amarone ( red wine)

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,420,  Carbs - 87 grams,  Fat - 48 grams,  Protein - 102 grams

All water....more decaf coffee or tea....and vits

Have a great one    mail

KerryF.
on 10/19/13 10:07 pm, edited 10/19/13 10:16 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

RNY  5 Days Post Op

So the V8 Juice from yesterday WAS NOT a good idea. I hurt so bad all evening last night. heartburn like I haven't had for months now. I so thought that pain was in my past. I won't be trying Tomato Juice for awhile.

So for day 5 of fluids:

Premier Shakes these are getting easier but I mixed in the 1/4 cup milk  to make them less sweet.

1/4 Cottage Cheese

1/4 cup Cream of Mushroom soup made with 1/4 cup of water

going to try to get more than the 2 cups Water

2 cups black tea...... yesterday I was able to drink the cup of tea faster.  It's getting easier to put more liquids in (and I have the lovely Davidstea collection and I miss them)

And then I will finish the day off with the 2nd Premier Protein shake/milk combo

All vitamins and supplements this seems to be the easier part of my day angry I also got out of the house for a bit yesterday and doubled the amount of walking on my fitbit that I had done since getting home.

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

birdiegirl
on 10/19/13 10:17 pm

You are doing great Kerry....on all fronts - eating - drinking and walking

Heartburn.....the first 3 months or so can be tough with this....I am assuming your surgeon prescribed some prevacid or other PPI?.....this will help

for me it was sugar free popsicles that caused terrible heartburn....I still don't eat them due to the memory......think it was the sugar alcohols that didn't agree with me

Patm
on 10/19/13 11:19 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Anything tomato would be pretty acidic. If you are looking at ways to doctor Premier protein shakes go to The Ontario Recipes

They have quite a few recipes for adding to them

Lolabug
on 10/20/13 4:00 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

I found adding decaf instant coffee to the shakes really helped with the sweetness. You look like you are doing great (aside from the tomato juice that is)

ladyjane71
on 10/19/13 10:45 pm - Canada
RNY 3wks 4 days post op

Went to the wedding last night. Put applesause in my purse in case. Main course of salmon went down ok. Had about 1/5 of the fillet, scraped the breading off. The worst part was the appetizers. I just had to try the crab puff. 1 incredibly small taste later and I thought I was going to die. But like a kid I had to try. Today will be back to normal.

B- key lime greek yogurt
S- protien of some sort
L- chili
D- shephards pie
S- protien of some sort

All my vitamins and water.

Have a great day.

birdiegirl
on 10/20/13 7:14 am

I think I would have wanted to try a crab puff too!.......someitmes we have to learn the hard way 

Patm
on 10/19/13 11:25 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning. The sun is out so I assume you will be golfing Barb. The marathon runs in my neighbourhood. I hope Kelly does well. She has worked so hard for it

Off to church shortly the to the Ashley sale this afternoon. I am having a baby shower next month and am looking for prizes nice but cheap!

b. greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

l. 1/2 chicken pie from last night, apple

s pure protein bar

d meatloaf, acorn squash

s greek yogurt and granola.

cal 1136, carb 142, prot 94 Looks like a lot of carbs but mostly from fruit and veg

kellybelly333
on 10/20/13 11:35 am - Toronto, Canada

Thanks Pat! I had an awesome time.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Lolabug
on 10/20/13 4:06 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Third load of laundry in. Lots of stairs today. Going to a concert with my daughter tonite. Not sure what we will have for dinner but it will be protein for sure. Thank goodness we have actual seats and not floors this time. Don't have to stand and be squished. Not sure what colour my kids hair will be, she and her friends are dyeing it now. Bleach didn't take yesterday and it was orange!

b protein shake with coconut dream

l cold cut and laughing vow cheese

s protein shake

d protein of some kind

enjoy the beautiful weather everyone!

Most Active
Recent Topics