Appointment with Surgeon Nov 1st!!!!

Amarachi
on 10/25/13 8:18 am - Canada
Got the call today for my meeting with the Surgeon next Friday! I am so excited to have this process moving along so quickly.
I was expecting to get my letter about appointments in the next 2-4 weeks and got the call instead. Yayyyyy , doing the happy dance
Zizzler
on 10/25/13 8:34 am

That is great news!  I though you had to have all the appointments done before seeing the surgeon? Its so confusing to me but I am happy to see you moving along so nicely.  I know it felt so good when I finally got my orientation letter - made my week! Let us know how it goes...

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Amarachi
on 10/25/13 8:41 am - Canada
I am in Toronto Zizzler and going through HRRH, we were told at orientation that the Surgeon would be first.

I think every centre is different.

I will definitely keep you all updated. This site offers so much information to those new like me.
Zizzler
on 10/25/13 8:49 am

Amazing how different each centre is eh?  At mine the meeting with surgeon is right before surgery!  Well best of luck to you with your appointment and I really wish Ottawa would hurry up and get me a date for my 1st assessment - been waiting a month now.  Oh well, have a nice evening...

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Amarachi
on 10/25/13 8:55 am - Canada
Good luck to you too, I am sure you will have your appt soon too, keep us posted! I used to work in Emergency at the General site of the Ottawa Hospital., beautiful city, I miss it.
Have a great weekend
kayakgirl
on 10/25/13 11:07 am - Canada

Hi Zizzler, just fyi, It took quite a while to get my first appointment after orientation... be prepared for a bit of a wait.

Initial referral: March 21, 2013; Orientation: April 26, 2013 (OWMC); Nurse Practitioner: July 10, 2013; Nut/Beh: July 15, 2013; Pre-op Class: September 18, 2013; Internist: September 18, 2013; Surgeon: October 1, 2013; Surgery: November 25, 2013 (Dr. Yelle)

Zizzler
on 10/26/13 12:53 am

I called there right after my orientation and they said I should hear from them within the month as to a date. Of course, that date could be 4-6 months later...yikes!  Thank you for the heads-up though, it helps to know others have been through the same.

ladyjane71
on 10/26/13 12:38 am - Canada
It will happen. If you are like me patience is a virtue you dont posssess. LOL! I am also through the Ottawa clinic. My 1st group assessment was Aug 2012, my next appointment was Dec 2012. My surgery was Sept 2013. It took 13 months start to finish, but was worth the wait. They ensure the cross every T and dot every I. Your time will come, and then you will be wondering where the time went.

Deborah
Zizzler
on 10/26/13 1:00 am

Wow, that is quite a wait!  It seems to vary so much from person to person - se weird!  I guess since I have been refusing surgery for over a decade I just want to get it done asap before I lose my courage.  But such is life and I have heard that Ottawa is excellent once you get to surgery, so that is great.  I want to be as well prepared as possible.

Hennagirliegirl
on 10/25/13 9:07 am - Canada

That's great news for you. Which surgeon at Humber are you seeing? Congrats, you're well on your way now.

Terri

Most Active
Recent Topics