What are you eating/doing today (Friday)

birdiegirl
on 10/24/13 9:16 pm

RNY  4 Years 6 Months Post Op

Morning

Hallelujia....slept 9 hours last night without using a sleeping pill!!!.....feel like a new woman.......a nice day ahead with a meeting that will likely last a few hours....then I am just coming home.....out to a wonderful old fashioned steak house tonight - the type that still makes the Caesar salad beside your table

STEPS - 7480....not bad for being at work over 12 hours

EATS

B - Premier protein shake

L - 2 slices of peameal bacon

1 egg

D - Caesar salad - 1 cup

1 piece of the best garlic bread in the world

3.5 oz of beef tenderloin

broccoli

8 oz of malbec

MYFITNESSPAL  totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,178,  Carbs - 60 grams,  Fat - 40 grams,  Protein - 82 grams

All water....vits

Have a great one    mail

KerryF.
on 10/24/13 9:36 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Good morning Birdie,

Can't wait to have a dinner like yours!! that sounds AMAZING!!

RNY 10 Days Post Op

Trying to divide my liquids into meal times so far it seems I'm sipping some sort of liquid ALL day long

2 Premier protein shakes mixed with 1/4 cup milk each

1/4 cup of Cream of wheat for Breakfast

(totally weird it takes me two meals to use a packet of cream of wheat and before it was 2 per meal

1/2 cup Beef Broth for Lunch

1/4 cup strained Cream of chicken Soup for dinner

Unsweetened homemade ice tea (instead of water) made with decaf Rooibos loose tea from DavidsTea....... I'm averaging 6 cups a day.

All vitamins and supplements

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

birdiegirl
on 10/24/13 10:07 pm

Dinner will be amazing....strictly for a special occasion with my husband......

I know today will be a hungry day due to all the carbs I consumed yesterday.....bring on the water

kristaeb
on 10/24/13 10:31 pm

Good to hear Barb....I slept pretty good last night too. I am having a bit of a stall , i knew it was due lol..I put the scale away til next week.kiss..

B- special k 1% milk.

S- homemade protein bar.

L- pulled chicken and coleslaw.

S- roasted chick peas.

D- chicken with veggies.

S- protein shake.

Have a great Friday...Krista..kiss

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

KerryF.
on 10/24/13 10:33 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

having a stall at 82 lb loss is still amazing!! Hope the stall doesn't last long.

kristaeb
on 10/25/13 3:35 am

Thanks Kerry, your doing great and congrats on the weight loss so far...kiss..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/13 11:22 pm, edited 10/25/13 3:41 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I'll be eating mostly liquid stuff today as I am so tight inside that regular food will get stuck.  Damn allergies are hitting me hard this week. Making a new recipe for turkey clam chowder that my brother in law has been raving about.  He is a health nut so I know it will be a healthy recipe that is for sure.

B - protein shake

S - Source greek yogurt

L - turkey clam chowder

S - Source greek yogurt

D - turkey clam chowder, SF Jell-o pudding

620 calories 50 carbs 11 fat 84 protein......super low in calories so maybe I'll make my shake with milk to add in another 100 calories.

ETA:  Chowder is absolutely delicious and very filling. Will post the recipe on the recipe board.  Hardly any broth at all so perfect for us post op.

Foy
on 10/24/13 11:28 pm, edited 10/25/13 3:15 am - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13

RNY- 2 MONTHS - 8 weeks today!!

It has been 2 months since surgery, and 3 months since the start of Opti and I am down a few pounds but more than that I have energy, my mobility has significantly increased and I am happier again.

I can walk for hours now and did last weekend. I have been out and about dating again, nothing serious but dinner and conversation is always good. 

I struggle with vitamins but I know how important they are and everyday is a new day with me trying to get them all in. This has been one of the biggest changes for me and it seems so small.

I have to time drinking before eating because I have a tendency to forget sometimes. But I haven't had an issue with protein so far. 

I tried a little bite of bread yesterday and I didn't like it!! It didn't make me feel good! Awesome news because I was a bread freak before. I still haven't tried rice or pasta and I am OK with that for a while. 

I play it safe with my meals at the moment but I am finding dinner a struggle as I don't want to eat when I get home and I know I have to. Much better than ordering the pizza I would have in the past. though :)

B - Protein bar - rush to get to the train

S- Laughing Cow - melba

L - CHANGE - was going to have soup but peeps were having su****ried a veggie one.... rice... no go. It does not sit well in my pouch at all. Edamame for me now... sad about rice but kinda glad at the same time that I do have limitations. I was afraid I wasn't dumper or could eat everything. I know I have played it safe though.

S- quinoa salad

D - Chili with protein powder

S - dunno yet...

Referral: July, 2012 Orientation TWH: November 12, 2012 NP/SW: March 25, 2013 Sleep Study: April 15, 2013 Nutrition Class: April 16, 2013 Dietitian: June 19, 2013 Psych: June 25, 2013  Dr OkrainecAugust 2, 2013  PATTS: August 9, 2013 Surgery Dr. Urbach: August 30, 2013

KerryF.
on 10/25/13 12:55 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Congrats on 8 weeks!! AND 73 lbs!!!

franky13
on 10/24/13 11:31 pm

1 wk shy of 3 months post op, Water aerobics 4 x /wk, walking at least 2x, Down 2 clothing sizes on bottom and 3 on top :) Happy!

B - Premier shake, 1/2 banana

S - Apple peeled

L - Tuna withcal wise mayo in WW wrap, mustard and picked asparagus

D - low sodium tomato soup, 1 cup chicken added

S - Cucumbers with multi-grain bread sticks

Happy weekend ALL!

Referred September 2012, HHRH Orientation December 2012, Meet with surgeon January 2013, Meet with and testing with Dr Glazer May 2013, PATTS July 4, 2013 - 325lbs, Surgery HRRH August 1st, 2013 - 299lbs, second surgery late August 2nd to drain fluid, Discharged August 5th - 294lbs, reached 1/2 way to goal at 16 wks, MOM of three kids, married for 13 years :)

Most Active
Recent Topics