PATTS is done, Opti tommorow

kathycantwait
on 10/24/13 11:11 am - Canada
Greeting everyone

Had PATTS today at HRRH Finch what a mess that was they were short staffed and over booked. The nurse I had was new and had no idea how to use the computer it seemed like it took forever.

So I start Opti tomorrow and it is 3 weeks till surgery, this is all becoming all so real! My confidence level is a bit shakier then it was a few days ago. I know I can pull this off but I have to admit I'm nervous that I'll mess it up (I'm a pro at screwing up).

I was also curious as to what if anything people did/eat before they started Opti?

daisies109
on 10/24/13 11:19 am
Well kathy, you must be my surgery twin! I also start opti tomorrow for 3 weeks and have surgery at HRRH on November 15. Best of luck to you in this next phase of your journey

Daisies

Cottagenanny
on 10/24/13 11:24 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 02/03/14

Can you tell me what exactly is PATTS?

Thanks.

Hennagirliegirl
on 10/24/13 12:07 pm - Canada

I ate several different items in the weeks leading up to opti. Ribs, beef, thai, indian, ,,you get the point. I actually got sick of food and am 100 percent focused on opti. made soup with broccoli,celery,green peppers and low Na chicken broth today,,,,,scrumptious!

nadiras
on 10/24/13 1:09 pm - Canada

I start Opti tomorrow, surgery is on Nov.8. Lol my last meal tonight I craved a five guys cheeseburger with cajun fries. Yum! Also I did a decent amount of baking this week so I could freeze for the family. I have three kids and they are used to be baking, so I thought it would be a treat. Though joke's on them, I used alternative sugar and flour in the recipes and you cannot taste the difference.

The only thing I am doing backwards is my PATTS is not till Oct.31, because my youngest had dental surgery today and I was not able to make it. 

You will do amazing on OPTI, if you look back at the many posts you will see all of us doubt how well we can do it. I am looking forward to what creative flavours I can come up with. 

Good luck!!! Keep in touch would love to hear about your journey. Anyone having surgery at Humber add me I would love to chat.

Orientation May 2013, Surgeon( Dr.Lindsay) July 17, Rescheduled RN/NUT/ SW and got lucky with a cancellation July 18, Dr.Linsday 2nd appt Aug.19, Dr.Lindsay was overbooked switched to Dr.Starr on Oct.8, Surgery Dr.Starr Nov.8,2013

Most Active
Recent Topics