19 weeks - weight loss slowing down

merry1
on 10/29/13 10:37 am - Canada

Hi everyone!  I know everybody's weight loss is different but I find everything is really slowing down.  Is that normal?  I have had about 3 stalls, my most recent one was almost four weeks at the end of August - middle of September.  Since then I've lost almost ten pounds - in about six weeks or so.  I'm very grateful for every single pound but have to admit I was enjoying the rapid weight loss in the beginning.  How is it for everyone else?

4-Jane
on 10/29/13 11:19 am, edited 10/29/13 11:38 am - Canada

Well I have been dancing with the same five pounds for four weeks, apparently my body is incredibly stubborn and it is hanging onto to every thing it can.  I was told by my center that stress can do this as well.  It a challenge to shake it as I find very few foods that I enjoy eating at this point and I am not into forcing myself to eat what I don't like or want.  I had been craving pea soup made it but then had two spoons full and could not do it.  I'm not sure i can make sense of it but I like my calcium and protein shakes, and ho****er or warm milk best other foods I do because I know I need to and do not want to develope habits that will be more harmful than helpful.  Steady the course I keep telling myself this is going to work soon I hope.  Hang in there I know it's not as easy as it sounds at first.

added sorry I thought you were ten weeks  I guess I need my eyes checked too

Respectfully Jane
merry1
on 10/29/13 8:39 pm - Canada

Thanks Jane, nice to know others have the same problem.  I sometimes get a craving for something so I come home and cook it up only to find that after the first mouthful it seems to be really offensive so i end up with a pot of whatever that I have to eventually get rid of.  I spend more money on food now just for that reason.  I keep hoping my stomach, which seems to have a mind of it own, will adapt to more things and not be so turned off!  They say after either 6 or 9 months things change and our stomachs tolerate more.

johjen
on 10/29/13 8:27 pm
I am now 24 weeks out and for sure things are slowing... I am having to work for every lb now... I tend to fluctuate 5lbs up and down for a week then I will drop that and a few more then start fluctuating again.. I can also now fit more in at a sitting...
having said that I continue to drop pant sizes.. slowly but it is still going down... at this point I "can" (shouldn't) eat just about anything I want... so some "back on track" is in order!
merry1
on 10/29/13 8:45 pm - Canada

Thanks! I am thinking I will have to be really careful from now on with what I am eating.  I too can sometimes eat a bit more than I used to - mostly when I eat more watery/saucy things.  I had a piece of steak a few weeks ago that took me ages to chew up.  Actually if I lost a pound a week for the rest of the year it would add up to a fair bit!  I have been feeling frustrated lately though.

hibbyangel
on 10/29/13 11:17 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

I'm 3.5 months out..have been stuck in a relentless stall for all of October...ugh..Ive tried everything from seriously stepping up my work outs... to eating more.. switching up what I eat.... guess it will come off with persistence and patience..patience is running low..persistence though is not!  Boxing tonight!

sublimechick
on 10/30/13 4:42 am - Canada

Totally normal. I have plateaus every few weeks for sure. I am thankful that I wrote down my weight fromt the start. Here is what i wrote down so you can see the stalls also....

May 30 - 295

June 14 285

June 26th--..........day of surgery 274

June 28 - 270

July 3 - 267

July 11 - 261

July 13 - 258

July 14 - 257

July 21 - 255

August 25 -240

Sept 1  -   234

Sept 11 - 229

Oct 7 - 221

Oct 15 - 214 in hospital for 5 days on iv could not eat......found out I have a huge ulcer so i did lose a lot this week

Oct 28 - 213 ...only 1 lb in 2 weeks!!!!

I had surgery June 26th so I am roughly the same time frame as you............down 83 lbs now though so I am happy....but i feel the same way!!!!!!! When I have stalls I am scared That I have stopped!! But it always starts again

:)

Hope that helps :) 

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

merry1
on 10/30/13 5:45 am - Canada

Thanks so much!  You have done very well - congrats!  So sorry to hear about your ulcer though.  I am going to try and step up my exercising and maybe that will help a bit!

sublimechick
on 10/30/13 5:54 am - Canada

No problem at all!! 

Yes the ulcer was definitely unexpected....and I always take my prevacid daily since the surgery so that is weird that I have it at all...let alone the entire size of my pouch! *I added a pic on my profile lol) But anyway the ulcer meds work wonders!! No more pain or vomiting thank god!!!

The only good thing out of it is that week I had the attack I lost like 7-8 lbs lol......so it is not all that bad now hahahahah!!!!!!!!!

congrats also with your weight loss and keep up the good work :)

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

Most Active
Recent Topics