Changes

Michele T.
on 10/30/13 3:48 am - Canada

Hey all,

Here is a question for all of you.  So I am almost 3 months post op and I love my RNY I am loosing weight and feel really good.  Now I do feel like my hunger is coming back and I am still getting cravings.  For example if I am out somewhere I think OMG that looks so good and this scares me.  I worry about going back to old habits.  Do you recommend I see a therapist on this or do you have any suggestions.  Do I stay away from all "BAD" foods always or do I allow myself a treat once in a while.  please help and thank you all :)

Referral from GP October 2012  Starting Opti July 15th  Surgery with Dr. Jackson @ TWH on August 8th, 2013

Chelsea1
on 10/30/13 4:19 am - Canada
I am almost 3 mths as well and my hunger is coming back, along with desire but not cravings. To be honest, I don't avoid anything. For the rest of my life I am going to have to deal with it so I go along with it. When I want something I go through it in my head and work through it and it works. It's scary for sure!!

I did craving change however it felt more like a therapy session for other ppl, and I just kinda sat there. I am going to go to another one again though and I am going to see a counselor in a couple of weeks.

Michele T.
on 10/30/13 5:15 am - Canada

Thanks for the advice :)

Referral from GP October 2012  Starting Opti July 15th  Surgery with Dr. Jackson @ TWH on August 8th, 2013

hibbyangel
on 10/30/13 4:25 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

I would say that it depends on your personality..some people are all or nothing..some people can handle moderation. I am only 3.5 months out myself..but I am able to handle "just one bite"..where others at my support group can't do it at all. I'm not saying that introducing things into our diets that are not good for us is 'right' BUT we are human...If I really REALLY want it..I have a bite and move on. 

Michele T.
on 10/30/13 5:15 am - Canada

Great advice thank you :)

kristaeb
on 10/30/13 11:26 am

Hi Michele, i dont eat anything i shouldnt. The way i look at it is, i want to maximize my weight loss while the malabsortion is working/

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

kristaeb
on 10/30/13 11:29 am

My message sent before i was done Michele lol.. Anyhow  i stick to the rules and i really dont miss anything . Everyone is different and do whats best for you ...Congrats on the weight loss so far ..Krista..kiss

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Patm
on 10/30/13 9:22 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Right now you have the best opportunity for weight loss. The first year will never happen again. Once malabsorbsion stops it is a lot harder to lose. I personally would suggest you maximize your losing and save the treats for when you reach goal. But that is just me.

If you feel you have cravings you can not control get help from your centre. The CBT is very helpful

Most Active
Recent Topics