i'm back ... like road kill

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/13 10:31 am

fast before i drift to codone sleep:

twh staff were incredible.  got both jackson AND smith-the-imp and was so very pleased about that.

everyone was great -- so young and passionate about their craft.  i really felt safe.

i threw up day one -- took a gulp by accident - felt the air run down and a minute later battle to come back up - and sure it did.

made a new friend in my suite mate -- she dotted on me at night like a mother would.  i was very blessed.

found out dr jackson took the time to shake my son's hand and do a one-to-one with him on how my surgery went.  for those unaware,  my boy had a real hard time with me having this. we had a consult with a twh sw even.  the mere fact that the man took this time with my boy after a 3 hr procedure blows my mind.  

i'm healing, but i need the pain meds for sure.  i feel like road kill w/o them.  i am also completely exhausted.  i have passed no butt-winds yet.  burping though.  ce la vie.

i'm taking this one day at a time for sure.  this was in no way an 'easy' proceedure.  i use to think i was so tough and strong.  this one has brought me to my knees.  as dr jackson said,  he looks forward to seeing me at my 5 yr review - i'll be a new person.

amen - 

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/13 10:35 am

1 thing to say -- the first text msg i got once i got to my room was from someone from the facebook rny group.  true friends can be found anywhere ... even online!

Amarachi
on 10/31/13 10:39 am - Canada
I am so happy for you!! Congratulations and welcome to the bench. That is amazing the Doctor took the time to talk to your Son after your surgery. I think Doctors that specialize in bariatric are great people, so many others turn their head in disgust, these Doctors actually care. Hoping you heal quickly
pcgreatlakes
on 10/31/13 10:52 am - Canada

So......no dancing then?  haha told ya!  I too was so impressed with TWH staff - from the desk clerk (the black guy is soooo hot!! and single!!)  to every nurse, intern, and trainee - it is definitely a training hospital and I am also thoroughly impressed with Dr. Jackson talking to your son - what a blessing to have su*****redible health care professionals taking care of us!!! Good Luck. Remember to relax.  I know it's hard to do - but we are the ones who need to be taken care of and doted on - let our kids help whenever possible. They will be concerned about us and NEED us - so knowing they can do things to help us is actually helping them.  That's how my two boys are with me because I ended my marriage in March and I am alone with them - so they know they are the men of the house.  Rest.  Heal and take your time.  In about a week - this will all be a blur and you will be feeling so much better!!!! Our bodies have a way of healing us! 

Referred June 2012.  Surgery Oct 15/2013 Dr. Irbach TWH VSG. Starting weight 287lbs. Started OPTI weight 260. Goal Weight 160lbs.

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/13 10:01 pm
Lol - I was lying in bed thinking about my pain and laughed at the thought that I brought clothes, iPod w/ music, even lipstick to checkout as a diva should. Lolol!!! I went home wearing the hospital socks i got along with my shoes - I didn't care. Too funny to imagine.

Farting up a nice little storm since this morning, pressure in tummy lessening. Started Previcid and vitamins. My cat is all over me after 2 days away.

Steady on. I pray for no conplications. I will allow myself to rest as much as needed.

I can't believe there was someone who gad surgery and went off to moose factory by herself. I'm so glad you were feeling well enough for the treck.
burg_vs
on 10/31/13 11:05 am

Glad it went well and the staff were so great.  Speedy recovery 

RidingFan
on 10/31/13 11:25 am - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

Glad it went well and happy healing!yes

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Patm
on 10/31/13 11:29 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
On October 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM Pacific Time, Picantesun wrote:

fast before i drift to codone sleep:

twh staff were incredible.  got both jackson AND smith-the-imp and was so very pleased about that.

everyone was great -- so young and passionate about their craft.  i really felt safe.

i threw up day one -- took a gulp by accident - felt the air run down and a minute later battle to come back up - and sure it did.

made a new friend in my suite mate -- she dotted on me at night like a mother would.  i was very blessed.

found out dr jackson took the time to shake my son's hand and do a one-to-one with him on how my surgery went.  for those unaware,  my boy had a real hard time with me having this. we had a consult with a twh sw even.  the mere fact that the man took this time with my boy after a 3 hr procedure blows my mind.  

i'm healing, but i need the pain meds for sure.  i feel like road kill w/o them.  i am also completely exhausted.  i have passed no butt-winds yet.  burping though.  ce la vie.

i'm taking this one day at a time for sure.  this was in no way an 'easy' proceedure.  i use to think i was so tough and strong.  this one has brought me to my knees.  as dr jackson said,  he looks forward to seeing me at my 5 yr review - i'll be a new person.

amen - 

Congrats on your surgery. Once you are up and shufflin the gas will move. Good luck with your recovery

Nanato2
on 10/31/13 12:03 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

So glad everything we'll have been thinking of you. I totally agree Dr. Jackson is amazing. Get lots of rest and remember sip sip an walk as much as you can. 

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

birdiegirl
on 10/31/13 7:20 pm

Its such a relief to have the surgery behind you....great!....now on to the fun part....LOSING

Most Active
Recent Topics