TWH final process???

Yoyo4life
on 11/5/13 5:50 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14
Just a question to all those who went through TWH... My last appointment is this Friday (yah) with the dietician and then that's it, so when does the team look at your file? When will you know your next appointment? And from now at what point does it look like I may have my surgery date?

Referral sent: Aug/30/2013 Orientation: September/24/2013 Nurse Appointment: September/30/2013 Social worker Appointment: October/7/2013 Psychologist Appointment:Oct/11/13 Dietician Appointment:Oct/21/13 Nutrition Class: Oct/29/2013 Surgeons Appointment: Nov/22/2013 PATTS: December/13/2013 Surgery date: January/08/2014

Katie M.
on 11/5/13 6:02 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

The team will hopefully look at your file the Thursday after you last appointment. It depends though, sometimes it takes them until the next Thursday, depending on how long other cases take to discuss and if there is any backlog. It usually takes two weeks from the date of your last appointment to hear from them, but some people hear back in one week, some take three. It's all based on where your file is in the review process. 

You'll know your surgery date at the end of your appointment with the surgeon. You'll go in and see the nurse who is booking them. I'm not too sure how far out surgeries are booking at the moment, and it really depends on which surgeon you get assigned to because that will determine which hospital you'll be at. And some hospitals seem to book further in advance then others. And with Christmas coming up there will be holidays planned for staff, so that may affect things too. I'd say bet on 4-6 weeks from the date of your surgeon's appointment, but don't be surprised if it's a little longer :) But you can always let them know you'll take cancellations and they try to do what they can!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

KerryF.
on 11/5/13 6:18 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

The your file goes to the group for evaluation.  Group is done on Thursdays. Generally the following Thursday after your final appointment they will review your final.  In my case one of the members on my team was away on vacation that week so my file didn't get reviewed until the following Thursday group. I believe you will be told at your final appointment that it will be reviewed within a week or two. So they are covered and not promising the next available group meeting if they aren't able to do it.

Then following that you will get a phone call with your surgeon appointment and purchase opti and get  surgery/pre op dates. Good Luck! Your almost to the finish line now!!!

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Yoyo4life
on 11/5/13 1:24 pm - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14
Thanks Kerry and Katie I'm so close now that I can feel the weight coming off...lol...I just really can't wait to be on the bench and get this show on the road

Referral sent: Aug/30/2013 Orientation: September/24/2013 Nurse Appointment: September/30/2013 Social worker Appointment: October/7/2013 Psychologist Appointment:Oct/11/13 Dietician Appointment:Oct/21/13 Nutrition Class: Oct/29/2013 Surgeons Appointment: Nov/22/2013 PATTS: December/13/2013 Surgery date: January/08/2014

Most Active
Recent Topics