Question about Guelph

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/13 12:36 am - Kitchener, Canada

Does Guelph do VSG? Or only RNY? 

Whenever you go for any appt they only talk about RNY. I know that is the standard, but for anyone that has gone through guelph, has anyone done VSG?

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/13 1:21 am
Yup! Some people have had vsg in Guelph but they do not just hand em out, you really need to have good reasons for having it (medical evidence) no what ifs.
Caroline K.
on 11/3/13 1:14 am

Pre-op at Guelph, but I remember that they were pretty firm at the initial orientation that they'd only do a VSG if medically necessary, and that the patient had no choice. On the plus side, I guess, they consider the RNY the "gold standard".

smallisland
on 11/3/13 6:12 am - Canada
VSG on 10/30/13

Hi, I just had surgery this past week and I did receive the VSG.  The reason being medication absorption.  It was a very big concern because of other health problems.  So they do it if medically necessary.  Hope this helps.

Referral Feb 2012, Orientation at Guelph Nov. 29/12, RN, SW and NUT Feb. 13/12, 2nd RN, SW and NUT April 26/13, Dr. Agarwal May 7/13, SW May 22/13. HW 334lbs, CW 269 lbs. Post-op nutrition course August 1/13, Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Sept 9/13, PATTS Oct 9/13, Opti Oct 16/13, Surgery Oct 30/13.

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/13 6:49 am - Kitchener, Canada

Thanks,

I guess i will have to wait and talk to the surgeon. I am just waiting for that call now. I have a stomach condition that requires me to take a lot of medications and am worried about the malabsorption problems with RNY. 

Thanks for the info! At least I know that there is a slim chance. 

Most Active
Recent Topics