body changes ... already? now i am curious ....

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/13 6:42 pm

well, i am almost 1 week out, 3 weeks since starting opti, and i think i can already notice some very obvious changes in my body.

i am just worried that it may be loss of muscle, not just fat and water.

anyway, i actually think i will head off to walmart today and get a scale.  ugh!  never thought i would buy one of those sinful devices, but with this relatively obvious shift in my size in 3 weeks - i am curious.

and i am not interested in dropping in to walmart every day for weight-in either.  security may question me at some point.

Sunny123
on 11/3/13 6:56 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Great results so close out of the gate...when you can feel the change, that is amazing.  I am going to try to refrain from jumping on the scale until I notice too...I think you're in for some very good news...and yes, Walmart may get a little nervous with you showing up for your daily weigh-in enlightened

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/13 7:05 pm

sunny i am with you.  my shoulders seems a lot smaller, but it seems like i still have my bicepts (thankfully). my thighs feel and look different as well, so is my stomach.

i am pensive but i will still go and check today.  it could just be water loss, etc -- but it is fascinating to properly 'see' and 'feel' the difference.

mispysmom
on 11/3/13 8:18 pm - elliot lake, Canada
i am 2.5 weeks out.with 4 weeks of opti...in tht time i.have lost 70 lbs and.dropped 9.8 points on my.bmi!! u may be pleasantly surprised when u get on tht scale girl!!! go.for it!!!

Amanda

hibbyangel
on 11/3/13 10:17 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

Changes happen very quickly. My BP was high before surgery and 2 weeks after surgery I was considered normal. I also felt a huge change in the texture of my leg..they were squishy instead of hard..The wonders of this surgery never cease to amaze me! 

gwynnkitty
on 11/4/13 12:30 am - North York, Canada

On a whim, I measured my waist this morning. In not quite two weeks of Opti, I've lost 2" from my waist. Mindblowing to me. 

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

dragongirl_76
on 11/4/13 2:10 am

if you do not eat all your protein and take your vitamins as directed AND do not exercise, yes, you will lose lots of muscle as well as fat.

It is important to follow your plan as directed by your team.

Most Active
Recent Topics