Marathon Run

highlandbear
on 11/3/13 3:57 am - Canada

I just need to share that I did a Marathon today. Road 2 Hope. I did it last year and got brave enough to do it again. It was amazing. I took around 20 minutes off of last year. I would have been faster but knee started to act up. Could run on it but walking forget it. Towards the end running on it was killing.  I have a friend who is a doctor and he is going to set me up with one of his co workers to see if we can find out what the problem is. He wants to send me to someone who deals with knees. This is the second time with long run that my knee starts to go. i will not let it stop me. I have already signed up for around the Bay and yes I will do the marathon again next year. This surgery gave me such a new life.

Barb

4-Jane
on 11/3/13 4:16 am - Canada

Your post made my heart smile at the thought of your new life, I hope your appointment with the new Doctor goes well

hibbyangel
on 11/3/13 4:17 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

Awesome Job Barb! Hopefully you find out what is wrong with your knee soon. 

~Britt~

highlandbear
on 11/3/13 5:09 am - Canada

Thanks I am sure I will find out what is wrong with the knee. It helps to have a friend who is a orthopedic surgeon. Hope I spelled that right.  He can not look after me but he can get me in to see one of his co workers.  

kellybelly333
on 11/3/13 10:06 am - Toronto, Canada

Oh! I hope they figure out the problem!! I was the opposite with my knee pain. Walking was fine, but running, forget it!! Congrats again my friend!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Foy
on 11/3/13 4:48 am - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13
Awesome job!!

Referral: July, 2012 Orientation TWH: November 12, 2012 NP/SW: March 25, 2013 Sleep Study: April 15, 2013 Nutrition Class: April 16, 2013 Dietitian: June 19, 2013 Psych: June 25, 2013  Dr OkrainecAugust 2, 2013  PATTS: August 9, 2013 Surgery Dr. Urbach: August 30, 2013

G_mama_d
on 11/3/13 4:54 am - North Bay, Canada
Truly inspiring for those of us who are pre surgery. Congrats.

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

highlandbear
on 11/3/13 5:05 am - Canada

I have said many times take this surgery and work it. It is all about you and how much you want to change your life. Not everyone is a runner but there was many people who walked the half.  This surgery is so worth it. Total new life and your time will come

birdiegirl
on 11/3/13 8:32 am

Way to go Barb!!!  You have done so well and have a great attitude re your surgery

Here's to great health

highlandbear
on 11/3/13 11:16 am - Canada

Thanks. I just feel that this surgery was such a gift and I always said if it happens than I promise I will make sure I take it and use it.  I never went and asked for this surgery a doctor suggested it to me and I said I can not afford it and he said it was paid for. I never thought it would happen even when I was going under I thought they would say sorry but we could not do it. When I woke up first thing I said is did they do it even though I was in pain. I know how much it cost and I would not feel right to waste tax payers money by not following the rules and making my life change. I am so sorry for going on. I am on such a high tonight from the race and just need to talk and this is where I feel I can. Thanks for all your support

Most Active
Recent Topics