ready for Friday

Robin H.
on 11/4/13 10:27 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada

just a quick update as i prepare for my breast reduction/lift and fleur des lise tummy tuck Friday.  So i wanted to share what I have had to get prior to surgery and I do know that each surgeon's requirements will be different but thought I would share the knowledge.

• Started 2x 30mg arnica tablets last week and will need to continue for at least 3 weeks post op
  • picked up arnica gel (required post op)
  • bio oil (3 month of application post op)
  • paper tape ... um not sure why but told to get 2 rolls
  • chlorhexin wash started today washing 2x daily with this pre op to reduce infection risk (Note you will stink like a hospital)
  • sports bra with adjustable closure in D cup to be worn day and night for 3 months
  • medical grade compression garments (girdle cycling shorts things with a zipper) again to be worn day and night for 3 months
  • i have upped my protien intake and continue with my vitamins
  • doctors orders i have trimmed not shaved the pubic area (I know TMI)
  • medical done by GP
  • Hospital Pre op tomorrow
  • Surgery FRIDAY!

well that is all for now I just wanted to share some of this journey for others who may be heading down the plastics road in the future. 

Patm
on 11/4/13 10:30 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck Friday.

ALOA2013
on 11/5/13 1:35 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi Robin,

thank you for your detailed info, I am so excited for you! I think down the road I would love to get a breast lift so this is awesome to know. Can you remind me what surgeon/clinic are you going to? And your's is covered by OHIP right?

So proud of you and wish you the best for Friday.

Keep us posted here on OH on your progress.

All the best,

Leslie

Height 5' 5" HW: 244  SW: 226  CW: 128    

Robin H.
on 11/5/13 1:54 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

My RNY surgery was done in Hamilton as we don't have a surgeon here for that and I am located in Thunder Bay.  I am having my plastics done here in Thunder Bay by Dr Azad.  I was OHIP approved for a breast reduction and pannectomy.... through the good graces of dr Azad he is upgrading me to a fleur des lise tummy tuck at no additional charge (note this is not normally done and you usually pay out of pocket for the upgrade) Thanks for the well wishes I am starting to get pretty scared as the day gets closer 6:30 am Friday morning will be here in no time

Laurie C.
on 11/5/13 10:42 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

I'm so excited for you, I don't need breast reduction, implants maybe, but the fleur des lise tummy tuck i is what I have my eye on for in the future.  Glad you posted everything so far and I'm looking forward to hearing the rest.

Good luck on Fridy

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Most Active
Recent Topics