Outed myself on Facebook!

LilyBugsMommy
on 11/5/13 4:22 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

So, I just outed myself on Facebook, lol!

I have been open and honest with everyone that I see in my daily life about my surgery, but had never specifically stated that I had surgery on my Facebook page.

I have had a lot of people ask me what my secret is (as they see my pics and see me losing weight) and I have emailed them individually to let them know I had surgery. I don't care who knows that I had surgery. I just felt weird about making an "announcement" about it, lol!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Dar_Mab
on 11/5/13 4:25 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Good for you!  Nothing to hide or be ashamed of!   

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

LilyBugsMommy
on 11/5/13 7:03 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Definitely!! :)

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/13 10:19 am - Canada

I think at this stage, you would probably find yourself having to explain yourself over and over again as the changes become more significant and visual, and in my opinion, the way you handled it on Facebook is really heartfelt and honest. :)

Trace xox

Most Active
Recent Topics