2 Year Surgiversary

TraceyM45
on 11/5/13 7:43 am

Wow, I can't believe it's been two years since I was wheeled into the OR in Ottawa!  I have maintained my 150 lb weight loss and have had few if any complications.  I still have some food issues with fat, beef, pork, sugar, breads and eggs.  Occasionally experience shaky dizzy spells which usually means I haven't eaten very well (my own fault).  Banana's are a sure fire way to clear out the system tmi !!!

I am considering having some plastics done in the future but don't worry about it too much.  I am fortunate to have met someone who thinks I am perfect just the way I am.  That part of the journey has been wonderful, I have regained my self confidence and have been dating a great guy for the last 9 months.  I told him early on about the surgery and my weight loss and it was a non-issue.

Clothes shopping was never a favorite thing for me to do and I still don't rush out to do it, although it is nice to be able to walk into a store and pick up a medium or size 6-8 and know it will fit. 

Exercise was difficult due to injuries from a car accident so I still walk a lot.  I hope to do more when my physiotherapist clears me. 

For those of you who are waiting I spent almost 2 years in the process and it was worth every agonizing day.  Life is good.  Would I do it again....ABSOLUTELY!!!! 

Good luck to each of you, keep the faith and enjoy the journey.

All the best,

Tracey

4-Jane
on 11/5/13 8:15 am - Canada

Way to go two years and down 1 50 ooooooo

Respectfully Jane
Corinne_49
on 11/5/13 8:28 am - Woodstock, Canada

Congrats Tracey !! I am new and beginning the process and I love reading posts like yours. It  gives me hope for my future. I have to say though, I hope the wait isn't too long. I am not getting any younger! lol 

Thank you for sharing your story! 

Referral Request at doctor's  Oct. 29, 2013. Referral sent Nov. 01, 2013. Received Notice for Orientation Class Nov. 19, 2013.
Orientation Class  April 07, 2014 St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton.
enlightened

Sunny123
on 11/5/13 8:34 am
RNY on 12/05/13
Great work and congratulations!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

G_mama_d
on 11/5/13 10:38 am - North Bay, Canada
Congrats, look forward to having a surgiversary some day.

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

Patm
on 11/5/13 10:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations you have done fantastic. Good luck in the future

JJ_
on 11/5/13 6:59 pm

Congrats on your success and your overall weight loss.  Other than the car accident impeding your exercise, it sounds like your life has turned around and you are doing very well.

Way to go.

Judy

Brenda T.
on 11/8/13 10:29 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Wonderful job! Great to hear how successful you are. Congratulations on your relationship.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics