i hate the fall

Monica M.
on 11/14/13 10:03 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

its been a difficult fall, so far. My mother in law passed away two weeks ago, my daughter has moved to Banff (tho i am really happy that she's following her dreams, i miss her) and my sweet little dog Zoe got hit by a car last sunday, and didn't survive.

All of that, combined with the fall, shorter days, less sunshine, my mood is so low. I haven't run in over two months. I don't know if i should wait this out or talk to my doc about increasing my antidepressant. I'm still getting up and getting to work, but my housekeeping is suffering, and my off time, i would just rather spend doing nothing.

Patm
on 11/14/13 10:11 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I sympathize with you as the fall has been getting to me as well. However you sound like you are sinking. I think it is time to see your doctor. The usual blaws have been made worse but the other horrible things in your life and it may just be more than you can handle right now.

I hope it improves for you.

Northernlightsmom
on 11/14/13 10:17 pm - Canada

I am so sorry about your mother in law and your little Zoe too.  If you are feeling really down then I would see your doctor...have you ever tried light therapy? I have not but my aunt says it makes a huge difference for her...and this is the time of year she really swears by it. It might help.

I hope you are feeling better soon.  HUGS

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Sunny123
on 11/14/13 10:18 pm, edited 11/14/13 10:41 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

I'm so sorry to hear about the losses you have had recently. Oh my, so much and such a short period of time.

I agree with Patm. Give your Dr a call and book some time with him/her/

Hope you feel better soon!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

kellybelly333
on 11/14/13 10:34 pm - Toronto, Canada

Monica! ((((hugs)))) I would go and talk sooner, rather than later. You know in your heart that things aren't going well. I just read recently something interesting about medication like anti-depressants, and how they are a lifetime of work in progress. A lot of people have to change doses, or change prescriptions, as they find after awhile they don't work as well.

That was just something I read, and I can't even remember where! My thoughts are with you my dear!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Caroline K.
on 11/14/13 10:50 pm

My condolences. That's quite the rough patch you're having! I hope you feel better soon. I understand exercise is supposed to make you feel better, though I personally have only felt it twice in the years I've been going to the gym...

zillah
on 11/14/13 11:04 pm

If it were me I would definetely talk to your Doctor about how your feeling and let him or her decide whether you need your prescription changed.  You have had some heavy duty losses happen suddenly and may need some talk therapy also.  Sorry to hear your feeling low I hope your feeling better soon but grieving for your little dog and not having your daughter close by anymore is tough.  Good luck.

Catw
on 11/15/13 12:00 am - Arnprior, Canada

Hey Monica, sounds like you need a girl's weekend out.broken heart Since I can't do that for you, I'll have to suggest you see your doctor.  Even if you don't get your meds changed, maybe your doc can suggest someone to talk to.  It might help you out.  You are going through a lot right now, and I know it's hard to do it alone.

Until then, I'm sending you huge hugs .

Cathy

Needanewbeginning
on 11/15/13 12:03 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Oh Monica I am so sorry. Fall is hard enough for some of us, never mind adding your losses onto it. Big hugs to you my friend and I think a visit to your Dr may help? Keep in touch, we are here for you. 

Annette enlightened

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Bonnie ABC
on 11/15/13 12:08 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with

You know, it's okay to just feel the feelings.   Of course you have to know when enough is enough, which I think you have come to the conclusion about.    Try going for a walk, maybe brighten up your mood?    Hugs.   

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Most Active
Recent Topics