Fit Bit

mandygarden
on 4/23/14 11:53 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

Hello Everyone! My journey is well on its way here in Thunder Bay.  We are expecting our surgeons to start taking patients here in the summer so I'm still unsure if I will be having my surgery here or at St.Michaels in TO.  Anyway, lol, I would like to buy a fit bit and I'm looking for some feedback between the flex and the one.  I have read some reviews but would like to know some personal preferences.  Thanks!!

4-Jane
on 4/23/14 1:56 pm - Canada

I bought a fit bit one which I do not know how to use yet bought it from the future shop, I'm from Thunder Bay and heard a surgeon was starting I sure hope it works this time.  Good luck to you on your journey

Respectfully Jane
northernga1
on 4/23/14 9:16 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada
On April 23, 2014 at 8:56 PM Pacific Time, 4-Jane wrote:

I bought a fit bit one which I do not know how to use yet bought it from the future shop, I'm from Thunder Bay and heard a surgeon was starting I sure hope it works this time.  Good luck to you on your journey

try watching these two videos they explain how to use the fit bit 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtebQdV80IA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt_Mt77ZcGg

4-Jane
on 4/23/14 10:02 pm - Canada

Oh my this show brought me to a show on the fitbit one I think this might work thank you so much

Respectfully Jane
michellecowles
on 4/23/14 5:27 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/13/14

I just bought the flex but havent received it in the mail yet (bought it online). I did a lot of research and it is very good to watch reviews done by people on youtube. It came down to the flex and the jawbone one...for me specifically I liked the idea of the fit bit just because it syncs immediately to your phone, it doesn't look like any techy gadget thing while wearing it (it is discreet), and it comes with interchangeable bands if you do lose weight and need a smaller band etc. The jawbone only comes in small, medium, large. I also liked the idea of the 5 LED lights on the fitbit that give you direct info about hitting your goals. 

As for the fitbit one, I think it is all about how you would feel comfortable using it, whether you want to wear it on your wrist or not. For me, wearing it on my wrist is a constant reminder to stay on track. 

-Michelle

SURGERY: Jun13, 2014  Starting Weight: 370lbs, Current Weight: 198lbs, Goal Weight: 180lbs

Solstice
on 4/24/14 1:24 am
RNY on 11/27/14

A friend at work just showed me her Fitbit flex. The idea of wearing it on the wrist is cool, can even wear it in the shower (she doesn't)...also the subtle display is nice, as it doubles as a watch too! I think I am getting talked into this! $100 ain't bad! (On Amazon)

Connie

Solstice

Sunny123
on 4/24/14 2:27 am
RNY on 12/05/13

I bought the fitbit one at business depot..I love, love looooove it! It movitvates me. I also appreciate the community fuctions of it too!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Corinne_49
on 4/24/14 12:22 pm - Woodstock, Canada

Hi Mandygarden: I have been wearing my FitBit Flex for about 2 weeks now. (there was a recall on the FitBit Force)  It tracks my sleep, my steps etc. The dashboard it easy to use. There are places to keep track of your HR and BP as well. I find it most interesting to track my sleep. It gives you "badges" when you reach 10 000 steps, 15 000 steps etc. So it's quite motivational. I am not sure I like their Food tracker as it is geared to the U.S and a lot of things we have here in Canada are not on the list of items. Also, I have had a few issues with it syncing. I use it just on my laptop, and it should sync as soon as you open the dashboard, but mine doesn't occasionally (maybe twice a week). It's an easy fix though, you just go back to www.fitbit.com/setup and redownload it, select "repair" and it will find the fitbit again. All in all, I will say it's a really good tool to keep you motivated and moving. You have to make time everyday to log your sleeping hours, food intake etc. There is a place to even write journal entries. It's definitely worth the 99 bucks !! Enjoy! I love mine !

Referral Request at doctor's  Oct. 29, 2013. Referral sent Nov. 01, 2013. Received Notice for Orientation Class Nov. 19, 2013.
Orientation Class  April 07, 2014 St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton.
enlightened

Most Active
Recent Topics