First appointment in Guelph today! WORRIED!!

NewLife81
on 4/23/14 12:18 pm - St. Thomas, Canada

I had my first appointment with the nurse and she was great!! She answered all my questions and helped me tremendously!  She also told me who my surgeon will be!  I will be having Dr. Agarwal and that was fine with me...

But when I came home I did a search on the surgeon and there wasn't good reviews! And I am extremely nervous now... there are no men in my life and my last relationship was abusive and for all my doctors I try and request a female just so I am more comfortable. And reading his beside manner isn't good makes me worry..

Has anyone had him for their surgeon? If so what was he like?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so mmuch! 

time2changeme
on 4/23/14 1:02 pm

Dr Agarwal isn't one of the four baratric surgeons in Guelph, he is the internist.  Once you get further into your other appointments and are cleared for surgery you will find out who your surgeon will be. I had Dr Reed but I've heard positive comments about all of them.

cutecanadiangirl
on 4/23/14 1:02 pm

Hi,

You might want to do a search of his name on OH.  I think he is an internist or an endocrinologist that sees patients with diabetes or other health related problems.  That might tell you more.  The team at Guelph had made an appointment with him for me through an error in my file.  There is a very nice female surgeon that you can request to speak with when the time comes. Good luck!

NewLife81
on 4/23/14 1:09 pm - St. Thomas, Canada

Oh wow we are confused then! I had my Mom with me for support and she mentioned that we were curious about what surgeon I will have and the nurse said it was Dr Agarwal! I will have to look him up on here then! Thanks so much for the help!

Guelph - Orientation: Feb 6, 2014 - First Appt w/ Nurse: April 23, 2014 - Social Work & Dietitian: April 30, 2014 - Nurse, Social Work & Dietitian: June 24, 2014 - Post Op Class: Sept 15, 2014 - Surgeon Appt: Oct 15, 2014 - Optifast Start Date: Nov 21, 2014 - Pre Op : Dec 1, 2014 - Surgery Date: Dec 12, 2014 (Dr. Jules Foute-Nelong)

Start Weight: 384lbs   Current Weight: 312.6lbs  Surgery Weight: 346.9lbs  Amount Lost: 72lbs

Solstice
on 4/23/14 11:15 pm
RNY on 11/27/14

I am going through Guelph too, and I was told by the nurse in my earliest appt that I would need to Dr. Agarwal pre-surgery for an assessment. He is an internist. Not everyone needs to see one it depends on certain factors. For me, I think it is my BMI. I expect to find out who my surgeon is later in the process.

Solstice

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/24/14 9:21 am - Windsor, Canada

Yah Agarwal is the internist.  I didn't have any problem with him at all when hubby had his surgery. some find him a bit grumpy but honestly, I have nothing really to complain about with him. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics